Once again I am happy to participate in
Kelli's Show and Tell.

This precious Bible belonged to my dear Mom...I know this Bible was very special to my Mom because by looking at it, you can tell that it was well used...this Bible was not for display! Now that my dear Mom has gone home to be with the Lord I really treasure it. I love this Bible because my Mom believed all that was written in these pages and seeing her notes written in it in her own handwriting makes it even more special to me.
What a wonderful treasure you have! I wish I knew what happened to my mothers bible.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful treasure to have for many reasons. Yes, it does look like your mother used her Bible and I am sure it reflected in her life.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Trella
How lovely! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious little bible! I have my mom's tiny prayer book from the 1930's and I treasure it also:-) xo
ReplyDeleteWhat a special treasure, Kim. Such a blessing to have your mom's handwritten notes.
ReplyDeleteKelli
I love Bibles. I hope some day my children feel about my Bible the way you feel about yours.
ReplyDeleteSusan
What a treasure you have!!! The gently worn pages of the Word of God....beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a blessed Memorial Day!
It is so very special to have thos personal momentos of your mom's. I have hand-written letters that my dad wrote when he was in the service before I was born. They mean so much to me now, to be able to see his writing and know what he was experiencing. Thank you for sharing your mom's bible with us.
ReplyDeleteallie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com
Aww, Kim, that is SO sweet. Makes tears come to my eyes, cause my mama is just like that too. She taught me so much & continues to do so. I know you must treasure that Bible.
ReplyDeleteRhoda
Southern Hospitality
What a wonderful treasure, and one of eternal value! I have my grandmothers old bible. It is also precious to me.
ReplyDeleteYou do have a wonderful treasure.
ReplyDeleteAnd the free treasure you got at the yard sale are pretty cool.
Blessings
Have enjoyed reading your blog! You have wonderful taste & style!
ReplyDeleteBecky
That's a very dear treasure for certain!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful treasure. I have my grandmothers and I know it is something that I will never part with.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Such a beautiful post and wonderful treasure to have your Mum's handwritten thoughts in her much loved Bible.
ReplyDeleteSuch a well-worn and loved treasure you have! My mom gave me my grandmother's bible last year and like your mom's, it is well read with little notes she wrote throughout. ♥
ReplyDelete