~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I've Been Treasure Hunting

Here is what I found:
I just love this old picture frame...this is going to be used for my chalkboard...now if I can get my dear Husband to cut me a piece of wood to fit it! I also bought a birdhouse and a wonderful old black kitchen scale...I've always wanted one...it truly was my lucky day!


11 comments:

  1. Very pretty frame! Does it have to be wood for the chalkboard paint? I want to make one too, but a really big one and I think wood would be to heavy.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! what good finds. I love treasure hunting.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your black kitchen scale ... it is on my "to look for" garage sale list :-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Kim, I've decided. I need to go with you!!! You ALWAYS find the neatest treasures. I *did* find a new thrift store today. Well....new to me, that is. ;)
    I picked up a white milk glass candy dish on a pedastal for 2.99.
    I was so excited to actually find something!
    That is a smart idea to use the frame for a chalkboard. I have an old chalkboard that my Dad used in school that I plan to post about sometime.
    Neat treasures you found!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky is right! That frame is perfect for a chalkboard! I'd like to try one sometime. You'll definitely have to show us the after picture! What a neat scale, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, that scale is AWESOME. That would look gorgeous on a kitchen counter. Will you share a picture when you find the perfect spot for it?

    You sure know how to find hidden treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I really like yours and will be back to read more. I don't know how I've missed your site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what excellent finds! I'm always buying old frames, I use them as is, paint some black and distress and then some I paint white. I just love them. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog, I love yours!
    Carol
    http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Manuela, I'm guessing that it should be smooth wood, but I'm not sure...I'll have to ask my dh. I've always worried about things being too heavy for the wall. Thankfully, the frame I bought isn't all that heavy.

    Patty, thank you...I love treasure hunting, too.

    Deb, I've always wanted a kitchen scale, too, and was so thankful that I ran across this one.

    Karen, thank you! I'd love to have a thrifting buddy. I love milk glass. How special that you have a clalkboard that your Dad used.

    Anita, I definitely will post a picture when I get it finished.

    Lizzie, I will share a picture of where I have put the scale.

    Carol, I love old frames, too! You are welcome...I thank you for your kind comments as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon, Ooops, meant to post a little note to you too! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I will be back to visit yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are truly special finds! You are a lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.