~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Monday, March 26, 2007

Gram's Recipe Cards


Here are a few pictures of a quick and easy project I completed over the weekend. I took several recipe cards that belonged to my dear Gram and put them in small picture frames. I mounted the recipe cards to gingham fabric that I already had. The frames, along with another pie pan, were hung on the wall behind my cooktop.

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I have some of my aunt's and grandma's favorite recies in their hand as well. Your idea is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful idea to preserve the card with your grandma's writing and place it in a place where you will see it daily and think of her! I wish I had a card with my grandma's recipe on it. I have been enjoying your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - I love it! I sure enjoy your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good idea!!! I have a few recipe cards written in my grandmother's handwriting, very old style of handwriting that I love. Now I know how to preserve them. Thanks. Yours turned out beautifully, and I like the idea of hanging the tins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice idea. You are so lucky to have such treasures. Beautiful idea and great way to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea framing the recipe card! I so enjoy reading your blog and seeing the festive photos of your home!
    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I may have to steal that idea. I am so nostalgic I want to frame so many old things that belonged to grandparents. I never thought about recipe cards! They look really finished on the fabric. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a really cute idea! I don't have any recipe cards but I do have some letters, I think I might just "borrow" your idea and use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet idea! I posted my grandmother's recipe box a couple weeks ago, but never thought of framing one - I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of framing the recipe cards! I think I might have to be a copy cat. I love your blog! I think we may be "kindred spirits". I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this idea!! I think I might do something similar with some of my mom's handwritten recipe cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely idea! I read about your Gran's pie plates a couple of posts back and thought how nice it would be to have them hanging in your kitchen. I love how you've displayed them with her recipe cards ~ fabulous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You ladies are are so sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my dear Gram's recipe cards displayed in the frames...I'm honored that you all love the idea and plan on using it to display your treasures...please do...and I'd love to see pictures, too! Beachy's post on her sweet blog about her Grandmother's recipe box inspired me to do something with the recipe cards I had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooohhh! Never thought of that; what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your framed cards are lovely, and such a loving tribute to your grandmother. I know that she would be pleased. There is little more personal than something written by a loved one's hand. I enjoyed your post, and seeing your treasured keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I *love* that idea!! How wonderful to preserve something so precious! I love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, this is a really good idea to preserve your grandma's recipes, and to make a nice display in your kitchen. Thank you for sharing. It looks really good!

    allie from minneapolis
    www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a FANTABULOUS idea! I only wish I had some cards from my grandma...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.