Sometimes I put things together and I'm not quite sure they work...this is one of those times, but I decided to post the pictures anyway.
This display is on top of my computer hutch. This chair is one that I sat on as a small child when I went to Sunday School at the little community church my dear Mom and I attended (My dh, dd and I still attend this church). Our church was selling these chairs several years ago and I just had to have one of them (wish I would have bought a few more...they're really sweet). The birdhouse was a recent purchase from Goodwill, the basket was from a church sale, the small teacup and saucer belonged to a dear family friend, and the flower pot came from Wal-mart. The violet is an artificial plant picked up at Target several years ago on clearance. The picture in the background came from Home Interiors.

Kim, I just love the chair. I need to do arrangements like this around my home. Your arrangements have a great feeling of sentimentality and make me feel warm and nostalgic. I love that about your blog.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to tell you how much I loved the hanky display. What a great idea. I have several from my Grandma that I'd like to set out and display.
Everything looks so nice! How sweet that you have that little chair, don't you just love it? I remember sitting in little chairs like that at my Sunday school, I'm sure they are long gone now.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a pretty home, looks like you have the extra room that I need for all my thrifting!HA
NANCY JO
That is so sweet that you were able to get that little chair. It is so cute!. The memories you must have when you look at it!
ReplyDeleteI have a little rocking chair that lived at my Grandma's when I was little. Now I have it, but I don't know what to do with it! LOL Right now it's sitting in an out of the way spot in my living room, with some old books stacked on it. Love your displays!
ReplyDeleteYour little chair is adorable. What a great display you've put together with the chair, birdhouse, basket , cup & saucer and violet.
ReplyDeleteKim that chair is just too adorable!!! I love your decorating and I am so happy that you share with us!
ReplyDelete(((Hugs)))
Kim K.
Kim, That darling chair looks so much like mine! But you have the great story attached to yours...The display is so sweet~ thank you for telling me about it...
ReplyDeleteOh, I just love the little chair with the tea cup! So sweet!
ReplyDeleteKelli
Home is certainly where the heart is. You can see clearly that your heart is in your home. That is good. connie from Texas
ReplyDeleteYour displays are so pretty...and I would have thought that the violet was real! You have a nice touch, and I can see how loved your home is.
ReplyDeleteI also have a little chair that I used to sit in at our little church down the road. It doesn't have as much character as yours does though.
ReplyDeleteI think the whole arrangement works beautifully!
Kim,
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy coming to your blog and seeing what you've done in your home and what you brought home........
Have a great weekend.......
Kim, that chair is precious. You are so fotunate you were able to buy one. The whole display looks really nice together and very springy :o)
ReplyDeleteallie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com
Thank you all so very much for your kind comments regarding my display and my chair...I have so many wonderful memories of times spent at our little church!
ReplyDeleteThat chair is awesome. Your display is beautiful!
ReplyDelete