While browsing through my new issue of Country Home I spotted old pie pans displayed on a wall. It inspired me to get out my dear Gram's old pie pans. I haven't put them on the wall yet (I have three of them) but I decided to display them in my kitchen hutch. These pie pans have seen many pies in their day. They are a little bent out of shape and have deep grooves in them where the delicious slices of homemade pie were cut, but I love them no less...oh how I long for a piece of my Gram's wonderful apple pie. Unfortunately, I do not have her recipe for pie crust or pie filling...she wrote many recipes down but these must have been a secret!~♥Thank You♥~
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Gram's Pie Pans
While browsing through my new issue of Country Home I spotted old pie pans displayed on a wall. It inspired me to get out my dear Gram's old pie pans. I haven't put them on the wall yet (I have three of them) but I decided to display them in my kitchen hutch. These pie pans have seen many pies in their day. They are a little bent out of shape and have deep grooves in them where the delicious slices of homemade pie were cut, but I love them no less...oh how I long for a piece of my Gram's wonderful apple pie. Unfortunately, I do not have her recipe for pie crust or pie filling...she wrote many recipes down but these must have been a secret!
Labels:
Collections,
Special Treasures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kim,
ReplyDeleteI have just come across your blog, via beachys. I love to find new American blogs. I have always dreamed of living in a white clapboard house with a veranda, in or around New England, so I was blown away by your house. Both your home and your blog are beautiful, I shall be back to read it often, Victoria x
Pie is so wonderful and old-fashioned, and those tins are such a piece of family history... I have vowed to learn to make fabulous pie this year. You should definitely search out one particular book about pie: It's called "American Pie: Slices of Life (and Pie) from America's Back Roads" by Pascale Le Draoulec. The author drove around the country in search of the best pies, and tells the stories of the piemakers who craft them. It's a really great, Charles Kuralt-type of a travel journal, with old-fashioned stories about people who make fabulous old-fashioned pie. I highly recommend it for all country bakers!
ReplyDeleteKellie
acorn-cottage.blogspot.com
Hello Kim, I'm so happy to have found you through Southern Hospitality!
ReplyDeleteMy grandmother was a great pie and crust maker, too. I haven't perfected a good pie crust. Granny had a special touch.
I love your pie tins. I'm delighted to see them displayed in your hutch.
Thanks again, Kim for stopping by to visit my blog. You are very sweet & I appreciate your comments so much...glad you enjoyed my bunny display..I love doing stuff like that. Please stop by often! I've got you bookmarked too.
ReplyDeleteRhoda
Southern Hospitality
Enjoyed all your pics soooo much today! What a treat! Love your craft area...I am working on mine now. Will be back often! cherry
ReplyDeleteKim, what a special treasure you have! I think the dents and nicks make the pans all the more special because it is obvious that there was a "lot of lovin" that went into baking those pies:)
ReplyDeleteVictoria, Thank you for your kind comments about my home...I appreciate it and I'm so happy that you stopped in for a visit. Please come back again soon!
ReplyDeleteKellie, thank you for recommending the book. I'll have to see if our local library has it.
Pat, thank you for stopping in for a visit...I do love company. Please come again any time.
Rhoda, you are quite welcome...you add a lovely touch to your decorating. Thank you very much for bookmarking my site.
Cherry, glad you enjoyed the pictures...can't wait to see your craft area when it's done!
Susan, my dear Gram really did put a lot of love it to making her pies (and her quilts, too)...oh how I miss her and her delicious pies!
Well loved pie tins on display, I LOVE it!! Your home is always so lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet blog - I am so glad you wrote me so I could find you. Being a mother, wife, and homemaker was always what I wanted - you are very blessed indeed. My life is good - just not the life I thought I would be living! :-) Thank you for sharing and I will stop by and visit again.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Thank you copper's wife...I appreciate your kind words!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I know I have enjoyed visiting your lovely blog...please come back again!