~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Friday, March 23, 2007

Thrift Store Finds

While out running a few errands I decided it was time to make a trip to our local Goodwill store. This is what I found: a Country Living book called Country Chic, the birdhouse and the cute little bunny. I managed to get all of these items for a little under $5.00!
I also picked up a plate hanger that I'm going to use for one of my dear Gram's pie pans plus two small burgandy colored picture frames for a few of my family's hand written recipe cards. I'm going to display these items over my cooktop...hopefully I can get this project completed over the weekend and get a picture taken to show all of you. Have a great weekend...thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. I've seen lots of pictures on other sites that say they get things from Goodwill Thrift Stores, too. The one I have here NEVER has such pretty things. Either I don't go at the right time, or maybe not often enough. I would love to find great items like these! Can't wait to see pictures of this week-end!
    Blessings, and enjoy your decorating!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet treasures you found! I love the little bunny!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds, Kim. What a great idea to display your family recipe cards!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet finds!! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great weekend!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, those are nice finds...I don't usually find all that much at the thrift stores, I do better at yardsales, but sometimes you can really score. Those are cute things!

    RHoda
    Southern Hospitality

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was drawn to your blog because I love the name "Anne with an E"--I knew you must be a kindred spirit who loves Anne of Green Gables! I love the pictures of your house--it looks so beautiful and cozy--and the exterior view with the green roof really made me think of Anne! I'm sure I'll be stopping back to see what you post in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! I think thrift store shopping is really hit or miss...sometimes I find treasures and other times I do not...that's what I love about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.