~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Friday, March 16, 2007

Corner of my Home


Today's corner is in my kitchen. The first picture shows a beloved cookbook that belonged to my dear Mom, a vase of geranium cuttings and a bowl of branch balls. These items sit on top of the table that holds all of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks (the shelf is between the legs of the table). The second picture shows two more cookbooks with a crock that belonged to my dear Gram. I store tea in this crock.

14 comments:

  1. You have such a pretty blog and such lovely pictures of your home! I've enjoyed your blog for awhile now, and thought I would finally introduce myself and say hello! Wishing you a wonderful weekend...blessings to you and yours..
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks very cheerful. The things that belonged to your Mother and Grandmother makes your kitchen a special place......

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crock and your cookbooks. The flowers are so pretty too. Your home is so cozy Kim. Oh and I bet you would get a much better price on "The Vintage-Inspired Home" from Amazon then at a bookstore. I'd look there first.
    Allie from Minneapolis
    www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, Thank you so much for visiting and introducing yourself...I love having visitors!

    Betty, thank you so much...I have many wonderful memories of my dear Mom and dear Gram...having precious treasures that belonged to them keeps them close to my heart!

    Allison, thank you...the geraniums are actually from flowers I had last year that I've managed to keep alive all winter...can't wait to put them back outside again...we've had another blast of winter here in PA so I think it will be awhile. I will definitely check around for the book...I'll let you know what I come up with. Thanks again for recommending the beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love seeing all of your cherished treasures from your dear Mom and Gram. I love the idea of storing tea in the wonderful old crock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim! I just quickly glanced around and LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your site! I will be back to read back some more. Thank you for visiting and commenting on our office.
    Such a peaceful, restful, place you have here.
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kitchen corners! Treasures from moms and grandmother's are the best, don't you think? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a sweet blog. I'm glad I stoppped by.

    Cherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, I have many more items that I'll be showing so please stop back again...I love having you visit.

    Karen, thanks for coming for a visit! Please come back when you have time. I'm glad I stopped over to see what you and your family did to your husband's office. It turned out great!

    Thanks, Lynda, I do agree...I'm so blessed to have many wonderful treasures from them.

    Cherry, thanks for stopping by...I hope you'll come back again for a visit...I love meeting so many wonderful people!

    Ladies, I really appreciate all of your visits and sweet comments! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, I love your corners. I especially like the picture of the crock on the books and the wainscoting in the background.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim,
    Just looking at all your pictures, everytning looks so nice!!
    You gave me a good idea with your birdcage. I just got one the other day at the thrift store and was trying to think what to do with it. I thought of a plant, but couldn't decide, then I seen how nice your violet looks in yours, so maybe I will do a the plant thing.
    Thanks for stopping by my site,love the company.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  12. All these cookbooks shows that you DO love cooking...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, thank you! We had the wainscoting added to the kitchen this past December when our bathroom was being remodeled. I've been wanting to show pictures of the bathroom and kitchen, but the bathroom still isn't decorated. The kitchen has a few things done to it but it's not to the point where I feel it's completed...hopefully I'll get the decorating done soon so I can show everyone how it turned out.

    Nancy Jo, I'm glad you were able to decide what to do with your birdcage (would you believe my violet is fake - found it at a church sale)...I hope you'll post a picture...see you soon!

    Gypsy, thank you for stopping by. Yes, I do love to cook. When my dh and I were first married though, I was lucky I could even boil water...Oh, how things have changed...I'm sure my dh and dd are happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim,
    Thanks for dropping by and touring Bellingrath Gardens. It is a beautiful place......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.