I honestly believe this statement...I've been recovering from some minor surgery and my sweet MIL brought me a cake...she knows how much I love cake! It was chocolate with buttercream icing from our local Giant Eagle...boy was it delicious! It has to be buttercream or a sweet icing, too, no whipped icing for me!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
We have a tradition in our family that the day after your birthday you can eat cake for breakfast every day until it's all gone...my daughter's 19th birthday is coming up in June so we're looking forward to eating cake for breakfast.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Speaking of cake...I thought I'd share with you this picture of my Gram and Aunt Betty...see, look how happy they are eating cake (I wish I knew who the other ladies are in the picture or even what year this was taken.)
What cracks me up about this picture is the size of the cake on the woman's fork beside my Gram.
Thank you so much for stopping by
♥ Kim

OMGosh! That is too funny! Looks like she has the whole piece of cake. Perhaps that is why they all seem to be laughing, Must have been great cake! So sweet of your MIL to bring you cake. Maybe you should eat it everyday until you're back on your feet again, might help!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lisa
That's what I thought, too, Lisa :) I have been eating cake everyday and I think it, along with all of the prayers put me on the road to recovery.
DeleteI love cake too, Kim, it is my downfall. I need to restrict my sugar for health reasons, but it is so darn hard. I love that old photo. The good old days......(sigh). Hope you are feeling better from your surgery. xo
ReplyDeleteCake has to be my downfall as well, Barbara. I am feeling much better...thank you!
DeleteSounds good to me ! I like to make a vanilla cake with blueberry filling and creamy sweet wipped icing . Papa just loves it I do to . I like your eating cake for breakfast YUMMY ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteWe all have our favorites, don't we?
DeleteLove the photo . Hope you are doing better .
ReplyDeleteThank you...I am doing much better!
DeleteThe photo is hilarious!!. YES, cake does make everything! What a nice friend you have.
ReplyDeleteblessings to you.
I love how happy they are in the picture :)
DeleteI completely agree! I loved your picture and the size of cake on that lady's fork! They look like a great bunch of ladies to spend time with. Looks like they had a lot of laughs. :)
ReplyDeleteMy Gram was a hoot so I can just imagine what they were laughing and talking about :)
DeleteVery important words to live by! :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree that bite of cake is a hoot. I bet the lady was too!
Don't you just love old photos!
I hope your surgery went well. I just popped in on the other blog but nothing was posted. I was glad to see you posted here. Let us know there how it went, okay? You have been in my thoughts.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
I agree, Heidi!
DeleteI am doing much better every day :)