~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

~* My Chalkboard *~

Heidi wanted to know what I was going to use my chalkboard for...at the suggestion of my dd, we are going to put quotes on it.
The quote I have on it right now was found in one of my Gooseberry Patch books. It says:
Give us Lord,
a bit o' sun
a bit o' work
and a bit o' fun.
Give us all,
in the struggle and sputter,
our daily bread and a bit o' butter.

It has been fun looking for quotes to put on the chalkboard. If I really like the quote I'm going to leave it up for at least a week.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I hope you're not getting tired of me saying thank you for visiting me, but I really do appreciate it. I've been trying to catch up with all of you on your blogs. For some reason when I visit Robin at Bittersweet Pumpkin I cannot leave a comment on her blog. It comes up with a message that Internet Explorer cannot display the page. Robin, if you're reading this I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you. I was going to contact you by e-mail but couldn't find an e-mail address. I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and your family. I also appreciate the concern you showed to me when I was under the weather.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Also, to Jenny, you wanted a plan of our farmhouse. Could you please contact me by e-mail? Thanks!

16 comments:

  1. Hey, love the chaulkboard - good idea to leave notes and stuff. Glad ya liked the pillows - yes, use the idea!! No credit needed! It is fun to share ideas with kindred spirits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely quote, Kim! It will be fun to find new quotes every week for your chalkboard. ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't get over how cute it that chalkboard looks framed. I know I said that before but it bears repeating. It's so cute!!

    I love the verse. You might like the one on Heidi's blog from yesterday. It's about October!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think quotes are a great idea, and who doesn't love those found in Gooseberry Patch! ~Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote and the chalkboard is so pretty! It'll be fun to be able change out the quotes easily.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the board. Very pretty and cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Well done!

    blessings, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet quote to have up and might I say, your printing is beautiful too. I'm a lefty and I usually end up erasing as I go!

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quotes are such a great idea! I may have to "borrow" that one from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that is such a sweet idea! I love the quotes on it and this one is so nice. It would be fun seeing them on and off on the blog. I still think that is the prettiest frame!

    I also really love the new look to your blog. I have seen a couple of people using that cursive signature but how? I am not very good with this technical stuff. I am glad my blog looks as it does as I find it all very puzzling. I have to stick to working with needle and thread. :)

    ~~ Heidi ~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kim-Thank you so much!!! I am going to change my settings so I can get email...I didn't give it much of a thought when I set it up but now it seems pretty logical to do so.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, thoughts and prayers...it really does mean a lot to me! I hope you are at 100% yourself now...
    Love and Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course, there is just no stopping you with making things in your home so perfect! :) Love the saying - you are going to have so much fun with this piece! I am getting so many ideas now!!!

    Thank you for your sweet words today. I will keep everyone posted with updates on my Dad. xo,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute chalkboard, love the quote....it will be fun finding new qutoes each week...I hope you'll share more of them.

    You have a great collection of Gooseberry Patch books, I enjoy them too.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your chalkboard... it is a sweet idea and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this chalkboard. I copied and pasted the instructions you posted about it a while ago, I'm going to have one in my new place. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet idea with the chalkboard. Do you have a book of quotations that you are using?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.