I was inspired by Melissa's post to show you a few of my dear husband's favorite things in our home. My dh grew up around horses and has always had a love for them and all things western...I think he dreams of being a cowboy!
Our most recent Montana Silversmith figurine purchase. (Becky do you see the glass container that is similar to yours?)
So you see dear friends, my dh does have some input into the decorating of our home.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you dear friends for your very kind comments about my powder room redecorating. It did upset me that my favorite find of the day had gotten broken. Next time I will try to be more careful with my precious cargo!
That is so great to have things in your home that are so inspiring and great memories from your husband's history. I am so glad you shared them! And thanks for the mention, it somehow makes it feel like a much smaller world when you arrive somewhere and you see your name, like there is a connection from blog to blog! Love that!
ReplyDeletexo,
Melissa
It was a lovely idea to show your husband's things. It is really important to acknowledge that a home is made up of everybody's tastes and possessions.
ReplyDeleteYou're such a sweet wife! Not all of us take the time to incorporate our husbands likes into the decor of our home. I keep telling mine that when our bedroom is finished, we can put all the Harley Davidson stuff he wants in that room! Since I don't have a family room, it's for sure not going in my living room!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Julie
I love anything with a horse theme and your husband has some wonderful collectibles. I especially loved the spurs on the living room lamp :-}
ReplyDeleteI just stopped by from Nunnie's Attic, and wow! Beautiful... I will have to tell my sister about your blog, she decorates in the cowboy theme - her husband frowns on anything else...lol
ReplyDeleteGreat blog!
Your husband has a very nice collection. Horses are beautiful animals.
ReplyDeleteHi Kim,,,love the horses! I hope all is well with you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Robin
How fun that you have things that represent your DH in your home. We don't really have that in our home. My mother says my DHs favorite things are seeing me in the kitchen cooking for him and sitting down to eat the meal. She always jokes with me that he would never stay away from home too long ~ just until he was hungry. LOL!
ReplyDelete~~ Heidi ~~
Cheers to the hubbers! Tell him it looks fab!
ReplyDeleteI'm very blessed to have a hubby that loves the country style of decorating. I actually thought at one point to go for a minimal design style and when he came home and saw that all the "country clutter" was gone he said our home looked naked and he wanted it the way it was! I don't think I would have lasted long anyway without my clutter :)
ReplyDeleteI live in cattle and cowboy country (southern Alberta)and you'd think it would be easy finding western decor but "nope".
ReplyDeleteYour hubby (and you) have some beautiful collections.
Your husband has some lovely things and they all look great how you have them displayed. LOL, YES I do see the candy dish! Love the color of yours!!! You have a wonderful knack of putting everything together so tastefully! xo, becky
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to see your husband's favorites!
ReplyDeleteI love the western treaures. They are beautiful and I'm sure your husband loves seeing his treasures in your home. I would love to have those treaures in my own home. It's a Texas thing for me.
ReplyDeleteLaurie
I love it that you included your husbands faverite things...how sweet!
ReplyDelete~simply~
Just found your blog and have enjoyed reading all the comments. Thanks for showing your collection of Montana Silversmiths sculptures. Western home decor is certainly popular these days with a resurgence of people that are going back to their roots in country living. One of my favorite lodge, western and wildlife home decor websites is www.SonomaGifts.com that you might want to check out. I have bookmarked some great blogs here.
ReplyDelete