~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Saturday, October 6, 2007

~* Powder Room Redecorating *~

I've been doing some redorating. The top of my yellow cupboard was a little boring so I decided to do something about it. I found the little artificial plant at Goodwill for .69 cents. (In person it almost looks real!) I love words so I couldn't pass up dream that I found at a local country decorating store.
I also added a few items to this cupboard in the powder room.
I found this great little pitcher at Goodwill yesterday for .99 cents. I thought it was so adorable. Would you believe that when I got the bag out of the vehicle I dropped it and it broke. I was able to salvage it and get it glued back together. However, there are two small holes on the other side of the pitcher that couldn't be fixed. I didn't have the heart to throw it away (I'm only showing you the good side). Unless it's picked up you wouldn't know it was broken.

This is a picture of my dear Mom when she was a little girl. I found this frame at a thrift store almost a year ago and didn't know what to put it in. I have another frame exactly like this one. I'm going to put a picture of my dear Dad in it from when he was a little boy. The old books were yard sale finds.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It was so nice to hear from Esther, Lynda, Julie, Wendi, Manuela, Brenda, Kari and Kijsa, Dena, Terri and Bob, Heidi, Robin, Becky, Linda and Penny....thank you for leaving me a comment!

22 comments:

  1. I love redecorating...its so soothing and gives you a sense of calm and accomplishment doesn't it?? I love to give the place a face lift every now and then...
    Everything looks so pretty and I love the bargain plant!!
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to redecorate! The little pitcher is so cute ~ I would have done the same thing. :) ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Im sorry about your pitcher. I love the picture of your mom.I love old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the pitcher was broken. You did a good job repairing it. I would have never know if you didn't share that secret! All of your little touches look great! ~Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The top of the cabinet so so good. Do love the "dream" too, very effective! The shelves look great. Doesn't it break your heart to break something like that? Glad you were able to put it back together. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it fun to give a place in your home a 'new' look! I love the new arrangment on the yellow cupboard. That framed picture looks so sweet with the plant and word dream. Is she also a yard sale find? The pitcher is so pretty and looks like a piece of calico fabric doesn't it. I think you were right to save it after the accident as it is really unique.

    Your mother's photo looks so nice in that frame. Will you try to find one of your father from around the same age? I love using pieces of lace and old doilies on shelves like you also must like by the looks of your shelves. I have been adding them to my hutch in the living room now too.

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I am trying to catch up with blogs now that we are back from the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you have done with your powder room! I am thinking about giving our downstairs powder room a mini overhaul too.It needs a little freshening up I think?!?!? The little pitcher is very pretty and I would have never guessed you glued it all back together!!!! I once dropped a whole sack of plates I had just bought at TJ Maxx and was just sick about it...I wasn't able to save a single one! Accidents happen though so what can you do? Love the little picture of your mom too :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim - You have such a special way of arranging things. I always love seeing what you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry about the pot. It's so pretty, I'm hogging two broken ones of my own that I refuse to throw away. I hope they survive my move.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ook, I LOVE that cabinet. I am so sorry about the cute pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim! Thank you for you wishes for my dad's recovery. ((hugs))

    Your little shelf is so cute! I am bummed out that you dropped your little calico pitcher. That is terrible, but glad you didn't toss it out. I did that one time with a picture frame I bought for .25. It shattered. sad face.

    Your mother is precious! Love her dress!

    xo,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Kim, so sorry about your broken pitcher, but glad you salvaged it. Thanks for stopping by.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim: I could have sworn that I commented to you before this, but I guess not...boy, that happens a lot to me lately! Thanks for stopping by Meggie's Stuff recently. Of course, I know where Ligonier is...doesn't everyone? It's nice to know that there are other Western PA bloggers out there. Michelle of Vintage Pastiche is from the Scranton area. Your home is absolutely lovely. I don't know how old my farmhouse is...some say it was built in 1881, some say 1851...it's VERY OLD!! After reading your posts, I love your thrifty finds and the way you use them in your home. I get lots of great ideas from you creative bloggers. Thanks so much! Let's visit again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little pitcher is so sweet! Redecorating is good for the soul!

    Blessings, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you cry? I would have cried if I had dropped it. But, thankfully you were able to salvage it and it is gorgeous! I love words too. And your little cupboard is just darling.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi - I love your blog and actually have you in my favorite blogs listings - I have a question for you - what program do you use to get those old fashioned edges on your photos? They are always so darling and remind me of when my parents used to get pictures developed at the local pharmacy - they always had those edges?!
    Thanks for sharing you beautful home wiht us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's fun to putter around arranging things. I find it very calming. You have a good Goodwill - mine is only so so. Sorry about the pitcher - but I'm sure you can't tell. Everything looks very pretty!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything look so pretty, I'm glad you were able to mend the sweet pitcher and it now has a happy home. Love your Mom's picture. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, isn't that sad about the pitcher! But so glad you could piece it together again. Your powder room looks so pretty, what fun to give things a little facelift!

    xo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet picture of your mother and I'll bet you could have cried when you dropped and broke the pitcher! It is so cute! All your collections are so warm and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My heart sunk just a little while reading about how you dropped the pitcher. Thank goodness you were able to salvage it. I always enjoy seeing what thrifty goodness you've found and what you do with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kim,
    That's so sad about your pitcher! I did a similar thing one time, with a wonderful old canning jar. It was a great big one, and I wanted to make a lamp out of it. I dropped it, getting out of the car, and it shattered. Your home is lovely. I really like your blackboard and the idea of using it for quotes.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.