Our bedroom needed a little color so I went to our chairs for inspiration. I love how the red pops on the chair so I decided to use a red twin comforter and sham to get the added color our room needed. (The comforter and sham came from K-mart several years ago. It is from the Martha Stewart bed-in-a-bag collection. It also came with sheets and a bed skirt. It was on clearance so I got everything for around $25.00. These items were previously used in my dd's bedroom, which has since been updated with the Shabby Chic collection from Target.)
Kim, that's just the right amount of color! What a simple addition that makes a wonderful statement. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Also,you should be able to find chalkboard paint at Home Depot/Lowe's both in spray and brush on. Good luck! Carol http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com
Kim, I love the change made by adding the red ~ and what a bargain for the set! I have been really fond of red lately and looking for ways to add it to my decorating.
Wow, what a difference just a little bit of color made. I really like it. Love your chair. I love transfer ware. The brown and blue and white are my favorites. Thank you for all the kind comments that you leave in Merryville. I really appreciate them.
I LOVE your room!! It is just gorgeous!! I love your curtains and how you gave it all a splash of color!!
ReplyDeleteHeather
Just taking a moment to invite those on my blogroll to play Kitchen Bingo. Your readers are invited too!! Have a grand day!
ReplyDeletePeggy
Wow! I would never have imagined that such a simple addition of shams and a comforter would add so much "pop" to a room.
ReplyDeleteIt turned out lovely- very summery!
I like the way it now pops. Looks very pretty.
ReplyDeleteI love the new brighter touches of color! Great job -- little things really do make a big difference.
ReplyDeleteHow nice!! The little bit of extra color really made a big difference. Good job!
ReplyDeleteI like the red touch very much. Looks great.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Just catching up with everyone! You're bedroom is so pretty. I love that red toile pillow & comforter. Where did you get them, or did you make them?
ReplyDeleteManuela
Your bedroom is beautiful and what a wonderful way to add a bit of color! I love it!
ReplyDeleteKelli
CUTE!!! Love those cute, but lovely makeovers!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteYou have a BEAUTIFUL home and such a way with decorating. I have just been introduced to your blog, but am adding you to my favorites!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a difference!! Isn't it amazing what a little change of color can do? Just lovely . . .
ReplyDeleteWow what a lovely change. Just beautiful and what a splash of color.
ReplyDeleteLyndy
The new touches look just great for a summer touch!
ReplyDeleteKim, that's just the right amount of color! What a simple addition that makes a wonderful statement. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Also,you should be able to find chalkboard paint at Home Depot/Lowe's both in spray and brush on. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCarol
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com
I would love to have a blog like yours. I'm new to blogging so I have a lot to learn. Your room looks really pretty! I love the red.
ReplyDeleteKim, I love the change made by adding the red ~ and what a bargain for the set! I have been really fond of red lately and looking for ways to add it to my decorating.
ReplyDeleteI love your room.
ReplyDeleteIt is very pretty.
That pop of color is just what your room needed. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a difference just a little bit of color made. I really like it. Love your chair. I love transfer ware. The brown and blue and white are my favorites.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the kind comments that you leave in Merryville. I really appreciate them.