My dear Dad was a tinkerer (is that a word???)...he loved taking everyday objects and turning them into something else. This is one of his projects. He took spoons and a fork and made them into a wind chime (I wish you could here their gentle tinkling). The fork is the top part of the wind chime. He bent the tines (two facing forward and two bent backwards) and also bent the ends so there were little hooks on each end. He flattened four spoons and added small holes on the top of each spoon. He then took fishing line and attached the spoons to the forks. Although my dear Dad is home in Heaven, I believe you'd find him tinkering there, too! Thank you for coming by to look at my Show and Tell! Please visit Kelli's sweet blog for more Show and Tell!
****************************
Thank you for all of your comments about my "Mother" cup. I've found a home for it on my cake stand. Have a great weekend!
I love that. Wish I could hear the sweet sound. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet, aren't the things were received that are hand made by family and friends the most important treasures we have? It is lovely!!! I have a whole stack of real silver that my MIL gave me a few years ago that would make a perfect windchime...I may have to have a chat with my dad about this...
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the neatest and most unique things I have ever seen! Everytime you hear the gentle chiming it must be like a special "hello" from you Daddy in heaven:o)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool. I love chimes, so relaxing.
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteI love to see what people create. Those are so neat! Wish I could hear their sound.
Have a blessed weekend!
I think those are so neat.
ReplyDeleteSusan
It's wonderful, Kim! I'm sure the sound is just lovely!
ReplyDeleteKelli
That is so sweet! That would be a good project for my son to do. He loves to tinker also.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to keep my eye out at the thrift store for some spoons and forks
Have a blessed Sunday.
Oh how sweet and what a treasure to keep.
ReplyDeleteHow inventive!
ReplyDeleteWhat a treasure! I've always wanted to make one of those. It must sound just lovely and what a lovely reminder of your Dad.
ReplyDeleteManuela
Those are lovely, Kim. I'd love to have some chimes myself. And how neat that they were made by your dad.
ReplyDeleteRhoda
What a sweet, sweet way to remember your dad. Just imagining the tinkling sounds makes me think that listening to them a person could imagine wonderful meals with wonderful friends and family, listening to the tinkling of silverware on dishes, and eating delicious meals with great conversation! Someday I'd like to make a windchime with silverware - sounds lovely!
ReplyDeleteI love this!
ReplyDeleteNever seen anything like it.
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers