
I love old chairs...this is one that belonged to my dear Mom. I'm not sure where she got it from, but I do remember her spending time removing the old paint only to discover the beauty that lay beneath! The chair is kind of small and a little wobbly, but I love it just the way it is. I often wonder who the chair belonged to before my dear Mom owned it and what they did while sitting in the chair...I hope they know that it is loved! I truly feel honored to have this chair in my home.
What a sweet chair! How special that it was your Mom's too. You will treasure that for years and years to come.
ReplyDeletexo,
Kim
I love your old chair, Kim! What special memories, too!
ReplyDeleteKelli
That's so great that you have those special memories and the chair!
ReplyDeleteManuela
I know exactly how you feel. I had a chair that belonged to my husband's grandma and I never sat in that chair that I didnot think of her and wondered at all the things she did while sitting there. I love it. connie from Texas
ReplyDeleteI think that the best treasures are the ones that belonged to and have been loved by family. I loved seeing, and hearing about, your lovely chair.
ReplyDeleteYep, I have a thing for chairs, too. I collect them like stray dogs. :)
ReplyDeleteMany are from my grandma's attic. My favorite is a little child's chair that was my father's (and it had already been around awhile before he got it).
A real treasure!
Kimberly
That's a wonderful chair!
ReplyDeleteWe have Mission style rocking chairs that belonged to J's grandparents. I think it's great when we have these pieces that remind us of family and days gone by!
Thank you for stopping by the back porch!!
Pat
Back Porch Musings
What a charming lil' chair! I love the pictures you share with us..thank you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and yours..
Thank you for your sweet comments about this chair. I do love it and use it whenever I'm at my computer.
ReplyDeleteKimberly from Niesz Vintage Home...thank you so much for stopping by and posting a comment. Please come back again!
And to you dear friends who comment regularly, I really appreciate the time you take out of your day to visit me and let me know yours thoughts...it means a lot!
What a great chair and a wonderful way to keep "rememberin'". I have a child's chair that a family friend got for me in Mexico when my twin brother and I were babies. We toted them everywhere, my children have used it, and now I use it all over the house.
ReplyDeleteI keep meaning to tell you that I enjoy looking at your annewithane65, because it always brings to mind Anne of Green Gables. Oh how I love those books!
Hi Kim, I have a very similar chair too. It has the same wobbliness that yours does. Glad that yours makes you think of your mom. I love mine too. I got mine when I was with my mom and we were getting things for my college apartment. I always think of us getting the chair together. Hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteallie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com
Oh how I love old chairs too! Nothing makes things more special then when they are passed down from our loved ones, especially your Mom! Have a great day! Claudia O.
ReplyDeleteAnita, you have some wonderful memories of your chair, too! I'm also a fan of Anne of Green Gables and that is where I came up with the "Anne with an E - annewithane65" the 65 is the year I was born...shhhhhhhh....don't tell...lol!
ReplyDeleteAllie, you also have some great memories of your chair as well.
Claudia, thanks for stopping by...haven't seen you in awhile! I think there is nothing better than an "old" chair.
Maybe you dear friends who have old chairs with special memories could post pictures of them on your blogs...I'd love to see them!