~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Thursday, February 5, 2009

~*Tweaking*~

Good morning sweet friends...I hope you all are well. I am doing good, but getting a little cabin fever. I live at a place called Snowball Hill and believe me, it is living up to it's name! We've been getting snow, snow and more snow here in southwestern Pa. I'd be willing to make a deal with any of you dear readers who do not have snow and would like to take some of what we have off of our hands!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Cabin fever leads to a little tweaking...now, I didn't do much, but I needed to see some greenery. While at the grocery store I picked up a few ivy plants.
Below is the before and while I love how it looks, I wanted to look at something green.

Sorry for the pictures not being too clear...not sure what the problem is...maybe it's because I took them at night...I don't know...anyways, I found these milkglass flower pots at the thrift store a good while ago and thought they'd look nice with the ivy.


This is the way it is for now...I'm thinking about adding a nice candle...I'll keep you posted.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you all for stopping by to visit me! I appreciate all of the visits and sweet comments from my last post, "Where I Blog".
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Please keep the following dear blogging friends who recently lost loved ones: Adrienne at With A Grateful Heart and Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams.

27 comments:

  1. OH, your sill looked so nice...BOTH ways! Great job! Isn't it fun to change things up a bit sometimes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your window looks wonderful, the milk glass vases and ivy reming me of my mom who used to do that:)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kim -
    First of all, thank you for your continued support and love during our time of loss. And, yes, I am praying for dear Becky!

    Your ivy and milk glass as perfect reminders that Spring will surely come!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft focus. It lends itself well to this post!

    I love milk glass. So romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ivy! I've been thinking about picking up a couple of plants for my kitchen windowsill as well.

    I had a couple of plants one time that I trained around a metal bakers rack. They covered the entire thing after a couple of years. It looked really great at first, then it just got out of control, so I had to cut it way back!

    Like the new look!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I love your tweaking! I have been itching to do something, but then I lose my motivation. I guess there is just too much going on with us these days.
    I look forward to seeing more, oh, and you can send me some of that snow!
    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your windowsill looks nice and cheery. There's just something about milk glass that I love. I would love to find a milkglass lamp for Joy's room. I used to hvae one when I was little. I hope to run across one in GW one day!

    Your tweaking paid off. Oh, and I wish I could take a little of that snow off your hands. We'd like another snow!

    Have a great day, Kim!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, your milkglass is beautiful! My mom has a few great pieces... matbe one of these days she'll get tired of them...

    Blessings, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim....

    I understand the cabin fever you will have to come read my blog...I couldn't bring myself to tweak.

    But your tweaking looks great!

    Blessings,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you've done with your window sill...very pretty! I love your blog header, too...how did you do that? Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful and beautiful way to remind yourself that spring is just around the corner! (Hopefully;) BTW, I LOVE milk glass, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so pretty. I love that bubble bowl. I remember someone having a lot of those sometime in my childhood. I always loved those pieces.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your window sill looks great both ways but I know what you mean...needing to see some green stuff. I am so ready for Spring!
    We also have been getting our fair share of snow...beginning to run out of room to put it... :)
    Have a great day!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a beautiful window display! The ivy looks perfect in those milk glass vases!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the window sills with the greenery. It reminds me of my mom but she always had violets in her windows & her first name was Violet. Have a wonderful evening.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog...glad to see someone here in blog land not far from me...I am in Belle Vernon!...added you to my blog roll as well...Love the history of Ligonier and always can't wait for the Fort Ligonier Days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, we just had a small amount of snow this week (finally - we've had too much already!!) But boy, it's sure cold. It's been a long, cold, snowy winter so far ~ that's for sure. About 6 - 8 more weeks and we should be good LOL.

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the redo! Those milk glass vases are beautiful - I have never seen any like that. My grandmother had a milk glass lamp that I loved!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your tweaking! ;)
    Your window sill looks great! Love your milk glass-my gram had some like that too!
    I know what ya mean about all this snow--I'm up here in the north western part of PA--lots of snow here--gee,will winter NEVER END???

    enjoy your day!

    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am one without snow who would love to have some of yours. It will be spring before we know it. I think February is a tough month to get through no matter where you live. It is the transition from one season to another that gets to us. Your window is lovely. Ivy is always beautiful no matter what the season.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved it before and I love it now! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your tweeking! It gets that way in the winter huh! Your sill is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You mentioned liking the candle I bought at Walmart. I haven't had this one before, I like it alot and the scent seemed to fill the house. Hurry and get some before they're gone! I may go back and by another one, ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously...I love it both ways!LOL You want to come visit, I could use some tweeking too! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love a good windowsill over the kitchen sink. I think your milk glass vases are great with the ivy. When they get long you could use coat hangars and make topiaries. I also like your little figurines. Thanks for stopping by elderberrystreet today. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your window display

    I just found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your home looks so warm and lovely.

    We are from the same neck of the woods.(I'm in Irwin.)

    Some friends and I visited the shops and gallery's in Ligonier for the first on Saturday.We had a blast.

    You are so lucky to live near them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.