Welcome
to the second part of my kitchen tour. I hope you all will bear with me...this post has a lot of pictures.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The stairs leading to the upstairs...I love the little bannister. The apron belonged to my dear Mom...I have a picture of it on my other blog if you want to see what it looks like up close.

This little toy cookstove was given to me by my dear Gram...she had a real working stove just like this in her kitchen. Just thinking about it makes me feel all warm and cozy...I remember in the winter sitting by it to get warm after I was outside playing in the snow!

A courting candle given to me by my dear friend Josie.

I got this scale at a yard sale several years ago.

I am a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook collector...they are my weakness (that and Vera Bradley purses...lol). The small pitcher belonged to my Gram.

The plate rack (I have two of them) came from Goodwill...I paid $1.00 a piece for them. They were cream and I painted them black, of course! The plates are from Marshall's.

A wreath with pipberries (another of my favorite things).

An old tea kettle found in the attic of my parents home.

I found the old grater at a yard sale...when I came home with it, my dh just looked at me a shook his head...lol! He just doesn't understand about the things I love...I'm glad all of you dear blogging friends do.

This old pie pan belonged to my Gram...she baked many pies in it. I have so many wonderful memories of the time I spent with her. The pictures are framed recipes cards hand written by my Gram and Mom.

I know this pie pan isn't very "pretty", but it is very special to me.

This pitcher and butter dish are thrift store/church sale finds.

Cookie cutters that belonged to my Gram.

My window sill.

A corner of my counter.
A small basket of pipberries and a punched tin night light (I have a black one in our bathroom).

Framed keys that belonged to my dear Dad.

More cookbooks...I love the name Fannie Farmer.

The rest of my Gooseberry Patch collection.

An old Rumsford Complete Cookbook dated 1931. It belonged to my Mom.


A star lamp.

My spice cupboard from Wal-mart filled with Watkins spice tins.

My collection of church sale aprons...I don't wear any of these, but I do like to look at them.

My chalkboard...the picture frame cost me .50 cents at a yard sale. We bought a regular chalkboard at one of the office stores and attached it to the frame.


My old kitchen had a lot of cows in it...I downsized and kept a few of them. The enamel ware pitcher belonged to my Gram.

Enamel ware mug from my parents.

Another of my Gram's pie pans...I attached a star to it since I love stars! The cow was given to me by my Mom. The sheep I found at a thrift store.

An old jar full of rag balls...Ok, looking at this jar I'd have to say half full...lol!

Another of my Gram's pie pans.

Two old bean pots and a pitcher that belonged to my Gram.

An old crock from my Gram with pipberries.

Found these two stitceries at a yard sale...I mean they looked terrible...they were all dusty and dirty and the frames were awful, but I bought them anyways. I washed them up and painted the frames...now they're just like new/old!

If you've made it through all of my pictures I thank you for taking the time to look at them!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
There will be a part 3 of the tour...we'll take a look at my signs so stayed tuned and have a wonderful weekend, my dear blogging friends!
Love, Kim
Kim,
ReplyDeleteI love so many of your things! I would definitely get excited over the grater too! I have two pie pans that are displayed in my kitchen now...they are just something that makes me smile! I'm sure yours are all the more special if they were your grandma's! I love your little replica stove...I bet it does bring back lots of good memories and I absolutely love your scale and have wanted one of those for awhile now!
My mom has a pitcher like you have your utensils displayed in...I've always liked that.
You can tell that you surround yourself with those things you love! That's the way it should be! It all seems really cozy!
I wish you lived closer...I have a free standing cow lamp that's just sitting upstairs not being used...I would give it to you!
Well have a great weekend, Kim! Thanks for the tour...I loved it!
Tammy
Love it so much! The apron on the railing is cute!
ReplyDeleteThat was such a fun tour :)
ReplyDeleteThank You for sharing some of your wonderful old items. I to have a few things that belonged to my Grandmother and they mean so much. Like you said brings back memories :)
Can't wait for tour 3...
Sandy
Kim,
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen is darling. Love all the pretties that you have around. Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
That was a fun tour - there's so much to see! Love those embroideries that you found, the courting candle and the framed recipe cards and such a sweet touch!
ReplyDeleteManuela
I loved all the treaasures that you enjoy and have on display :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing them ...
Hi Kim, i have just found your blog and love it. So many precious treasures in yur kitchen that would bring you great pleasure every day.
ReplyDeleteI adore all your aprons..i have quite a few of my mum's and do wear them when cookingbaking..my kids think i look so funny, but i don't mind..lol..
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.
luv Ann.xx
Hi, Kim -
ReplyDeleteI like this part of your kitchen tour as much as I liked the first one. You have such wonderful things and it's so nice that they have special meaning to you. I have that same little stove and I have a yellow enamelware pitcher similar to yours. Mine is beside my stove with utensils in it. Someday - IF my kitchen redo ever gets done - I'll do a tour and you will see it. Can't wait for Part Three of the tour. ~Adrienne~
ooo I can just picture how your house probably smells:) Holy Moly Gooseberry! hehe You weren't kidding that you have alot. :) I love old keys, that's nice that you have your dad's keys! :)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this so much and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest! You have so many special things and you can tell that your home is full of love.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing it with us!
I love everything about your kitchen..... you are very lucky! I too collect Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, those are the best cookbooks out there! I just wish there were more pics!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your home :)
What a lovely tour, beautiful memories you must have:) Love how you use the pipberries!
ReplyDeleteRondell
Thanks for sharing..a great topur! You know what I really really loved??? the stitcheries from the yard sale...what a find!
ReplyDeleteI've tagged you and given you an award...stop by my blog...ok?
ReplyDeleteRondell
Wow, what a beautiful, country Home, both inside and out. Breathtakingly beautiful. It looks like a picture!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sher
So many wonderful and cozy touches to your kitchen, Kim! I love the berry wreath and garland along your window sill. Also the cookie cutters hanging on the wall are too cute and I have the same little cookstove! It belonged to my great grandmother.
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Kim, Beautiful home. Thank you for sharing. It's such a good idea too.
ReplyDelete~Tami
Thanks for the tour. Cuteness everywhere I looked. So glad you took all the close-up photos. : )
ReplyDeleteM.L.
You already know how I love your sweet kitchen. It is wonderful that you have so much from your grandmother. Grandmother's are so special. I just love what you did with her pie pans!!! It is all these little details you shared that make a house into a cozy and warm home. And yes, I too wish I could stop by for a chat and a cup of tea.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a man thing not to understand the things we love so much. :)
Hugs ~
Heidi
I loved your home tour! Everything is so beautifully decorated and homey. I will have to come back and see more of your blog when I have time. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen is so beautiful! I wish you lived near me to teach me how to make mine as homey!!
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteYou are not going to believe this but when I was first married back the early 70's I did 2 cross stitch pictures of Chives and Dill exactly like the ones you got at a yard sale. I lived in PA then near New Castle. I wish I had put my name on them and then we would know if they were the same ones. WOW!
Gretchen
Hi Kim,
ReplyDeleteYour home is full of love and all things sweet!.
Have a wonderful Thankgiving,
Elizabeth
I love that you have surrounded yourself with so many things of meaning to you. My favorite things are those that have a story to tell. I think they are the difference between a house and a home! Thank you for letting us take a peek!
ReplyDeleteOh, there were just so many things to love....but I love all your memories even more than the "things"!! I tend to get rid of too many things...your kitchen makes me really rethink things! How special...all your treasures.
ReplyDeleteOh my, Kim...your kitchen is just beautiful!! I LOVE your crocks and well... I loved everything! :)
ReplyDeletehugs-Kath