~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Monday, January 21, 2008

~* Some New Items *~

Hello dear blogging friends, I hope all is well with all of you! I'm feeling better, but still not 100%. Whatever this bug is it sure likes hanging around. I still have a few more days of antibiotics so hopefully it will knock-out whatever I have. DD is doing better, too. She ended up with a sinus infection (just like me) but hers went into her eyes as well so she is also on a prescription eye drop plus antibiotics.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I thought I'd show you some new things around my home. This picture is of WELCOME blocks that I got from a Home and Garden Party my dh's niece had several months ago. We just found out yesterday that she is expecting her first child...I'm so excited to be a great Aunt again!
I found this tin sign at a favorite local shop. I just need to figure out where to hang it in my kitchen...I'm getting a lot of signs.
I found this wonderful little black cupboard at Wal-mart in the craft section for $10.00. I'm going to use it as a spice rack. I found some Watkins spices at Wal-mart in vintage looking tins that I think will look sweet in this cupboard.

And last but not least a cookie jar given to me by my friend, Beth, for Christmas. It goes perfect with my decor...Thank You, I just love it!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit...I always enjoy your company and the sweet comments so many of you leave for me.


29 comments:

  1. You have great taste! Are you for hire? Just kidding, but you really do have a good eye. Hope you are back to feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing more of your cute stuff. I love the way you have your home decorated. You always seem to know just where to put the items and how to group them together in just the right way. Very cute!
    Hope you feel better soon.

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure where to start, I love all your new things. I can't get over the price for the black cabinet, great deal. I've been searching for something to go over my stove to hold spices but no such luck yet. Well, I did find a great shelf at a thrift store for only $3 and for some reason I put it back. I'm not sure why, still upset with myself for doing that.

    Your dd's infection sounds awful, poor girl. I hope she gets better soon.
    Shirlee :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sign that says you may have to eat your words....so cute!! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope everyone in your house is on the mend....so far 2008 had me a lil under the weather but I am feeling wonderful now!!
    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are so cute with the hears and animals on top of them! Love that sign! There are so many great ones out there now.

    Congrats on becoming an Auntie and again!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back. Hope you and your dd get to feeling 100% real soon.

    Your new goodies are all so nice I really like them. I have to go look for those spices at WalMart had not seen them the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you will feel 100% soon Kim :) I love your new photos. I especially LOVE the photo of your lovely home on your front page. I watched the movie "The Notebook" with my daughter today & it kind of reminds me of the house in that. A beautiful movie!
    Take care,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty items. And I love how you frame your photos in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you all are feeling better! I've been "into" signs lately too. They say what I 'think' - you know, they don't need "permission" to speak their minds! LOL! I LOVE the black cabinet! What a great find! Have a good week and both of you feel better, OK?
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always seem to find the nicest items Kim! I love black furniture and would love to see a photo of it hanging with the vintage tins for the spices that you talked about.

    I finally went out on my own this morning and did some shopping. I found a mirror that is new but looks very old with a spotty and beat up mirror in it. I just fell in love with it. Now I have to decide which room gets it as I love it for a couple of places. :)

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow now you have found some great things! They all look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous finds, Kim ... especially that little black cabinet! ~ Lynda xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, I love going shopping with you! I am going to make a poster of the Keep your words sweet, you may have to eat them for my office. You'd never believe some of the things I want to say sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sentiment on your tin sign is great!

    My husband got me Watkins hand and cuticle salve and lotion from Wal-Mart..it's the best! Give it a try..

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Kim I have missed you!! Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. It's going 'round and with a vengeance. I have the same brown tin lighted star that you are showing in that picture. You know your home is a place I would love to visit and get inspired!!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really have an eye, Kim. Who would think W. had such a nice little cupboard. I recently bought Martha's little shelves and spices from Macy's, but they cost a little more than you paid. :<) But I've wished for them since her catalogue folded, and kicked myself for not buying them when I could. Macy's doesn't have the blue/green ones, but the wood is very nice. I store them on my Hoosier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad your feeling better. I just love all the stuff and the little cabinet for ten bucks wow. You know I love your home! Thanks for the glimpses inside! Blessings.Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy reading your blogs and seeing all the pictures of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have tagged you, If you'd like to play along please see my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kim,

    I can't believe you found that little black cabinet for $10.00! What a fab score that was!!! Glad to hear you are feeling better :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kim, your home is cozy and warm! Glad you are feeling better! Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your decorating items. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. As usual, I love all your things. I've had that bug too, and just can't seem to shake it... even after antibiotics. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your recent finds, Kim, especially the "eat your words" sign. I have to keep that one in mind as it seems I'm doing that a lot lately...eating my words.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What neat things~~I love the sign and your little black cupboard will be darling for spices.
    I'm glad you are on the mend and with each day feeling better. Happy February~~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. That red jar is adorable! I love how you show us what you are doing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kim, Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on "The Battle Hymn of the Republic". I too have that stirring in my soul when I hear it sung. I believe that is because there is an anointing on the song. Thanks again.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have an eye for putting things together. I love what u have done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, my name is hannah and i'm the daughter of Teresa (diddledaddledesigns). I was reading your profile and thought it was really neat because we share alot of the same interests. Your personality gives me that warm, cozy, cuddly feel! Just wanted to share that with you! Have a wonderful day!
    hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.