~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Saturday, November 17, 2007

~* Picture Frame Project *~

I found two of these metal picture frames at our church bazaar for .25 cents. I just love the detail of them. However, there was blue paint in the nooks and crannies which I didn't love. I decided to coat them with black paint and then rub the paint off. This allowed the paint to fill up those nooks and crannies...just perfect in my eyes!


I have a bunch of old pictures that I scanned for another project. I took one of those pictures (a picture of my dh when he was a year old) and mounted it on a piece of black card stock and put it in the frame. Would you believe that dh is standing in the same kitchen of the home we live in right now?...now you know why "Home Is Where The Heart Is" for me!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you to Jo-Ann, Colleen, Julie, Meggie, Brenda, Kristen, Adrienne, Louise (my new friend who has a blog called "The Home Is Where The Heart Is"), Pattie, Esther, Robin, Heidi, Wendi, Penny, Deb, Terri and Bob, and Dena for your kind comments about my cupboard and shelf. I can tell you that they have been hung, but now I'm working on adding my treasures to them...this is proving to take a little time...stay tuned though...pictures will be taken as soon as I'm satisfied with the results.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Julie, I'm not one to jump on the paint band wagon, so to speak, unless the finish is bad. The little cupboard with it's dark finish was bad...some things look good not painted but this wasn't one of them.

Pattie, I am definitely not a painting expert...I know that I do it the wrong way, but it works so I guess that's all that matters. I do not sand or prime the piece I'm working on. I do clean it thoroughly though and then start painting.

Heidi, the shelf was not a yard sale or thrift store find. I actually got this shelf a LONG time ago from a Home Interior party that I had at my home. I have an idea of some of the items for my cupboard, but it's not filled yet. I also do not decorate for Thanksgiving per say...I decorate for fall and that pretty much covers Halloween and Thanksgiving.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, dear friends, it's time to end this post...there are several piles of laundry calling my name. Have a great weekend!


17 comments:

  1. Your frame turned out great - and I absolutely love the baby photo ... Will you hang it in the kitchen? What wonderful sentimentality (and memories) you have attached to your treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the thrift bargain queen Kim! 25 cents??? That is amazing. I love what you did to it with the black paint and the photo. How sweet is that photo! I just cannot imagine living in a house that belonged to either DHs or my family since I moved around constantly as a child and we passed up buying DHs mother's house from her (that is a long and depressing story).

    I can't wait to see the cupboard. I will be facing what to put in one soon too when it is hung in the new half bath. Painting is finished so I hope I can show you soon.

    Have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for your sweet remarks about my blog.

    ~~ Heidi ~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim...what a great idea for those picture frames. I am glad you are doing well and keep getting inspired!
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The frames look GREAT, Kim!! Isn't it nice when you can make it work? I love what you've done with the cabinet in the post below ~ WOW! Thanks for your comment about my thrift finds ... apothecary jars are my newest obsession and I agree that you can never have too many. Have a great weekend! ~ hugs, Lynda xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim: What a great idea to conceal the blue paint. The photo is darling. What wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful idea for the frame, and it looks great. I'll have to remember that.
    I think it's so nice when homes are passed down through the family!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the frame is just beautiful! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need new picture frames. But I never thought about fixing up old ones. That's a great idea. I'm so stymied by the creative process. But I take in all of the ideas I get from people like you and then call them my own! Just teasing. If I ever doll up an old frame, I'll be sure to give you all of the credit.

    The picture is adorable. There's nothing better than old pictures.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, you have the neatest ideas, the frame looks great and your hubby's pictures looks sweet in it. I love old photos, and taken in the same house you are living...lots of great memories. Looking forward to the cupboard pictures. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable frames, where are you putting them?

    You are the Queen of Thrift, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the frame! I Love it!! And such a bargain to boot! Way to go! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. The frame turned out great! So great to add black paint to cover up the blue! I have found that sometimes adding to a project rather than taking away can be far more interesting and create depth and interest at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Kim, thanks for stopping by...don't you worry about not coming by in awhile, believe me I'm always behind trying to visit all my friends. Love your little frame, it's perfect for that baby DH pic.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    xo,
    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  14. How romantic that your DH is standing in the same kitchen and that very much does explain why your heart is there! I think that frame looks 100% better black and for 25 cents, boy I wish I found deals like that!

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Kim, for your Thanksgiving wishes for us. I wish you the same! Enjoy your week!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your frame ideas! I love to find a bargain, though I'm not quite a queen at it yet. I'm going to keep your idea tucked away for use someday.
    www.troyerslovinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The picture frame looks great with the black paint applied to it - especially with the very sweet picture of your husband. I didn't realize you live in the same house he grew up in. That's wonderful! You do have such a great house.

    allie
    www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.