~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Friday, November 23, 2007

~* My Roasting Pan *~


I hope all of my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My dh, dd, and I spent a quiet day at home. We had a nice meal, watched a funny movie, had a nice visit with our dear friends, Mark and Josie, and finished the night up by watching Christmas videos from when our dd was young. It was a good day...there is always so much to be thankful for!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I wanted to share this picture of my roasting pan with you. This roaster was used by my dear Gram, my dear Mom and now by me. I hope to one day pass it on to my dd. This pan has seen many turkeys. I have a lot of wonderful memories that are associated with this pan...I will always hold them dear to my heart!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As always, dear friends, I'm thankful for each one of you who take the time to visit me and leave me such sweet comments! Have a great weekend.


20 comments:

  1. Love the pan and what sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your roasting pan is lovely...what a wonderful heirloom.

    enjoy your day today,
    ~simply~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving sounded wonderful. I love watching the old videos of when our children were little (and cry all the way through usually) :-} Your roasting pan is wonderful ~ lovely memories every time you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father has a roasting pan that looks just like that one. I drop little hints all the time of how I would like to have it. But I guess he's not done with it just yet...

    I hope you had a marvelous Thanksgiving with your friends and loved ones.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cool to have that pan that has cooked many a wonderful roast through the generations!

    Special memories and what a neat thing to pass on!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely home you have! it looks so warm and inviting!

    blessings,
    missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roasting pan looks like the one my parents have. And since they go to my sisters for Thanksgiving I usually borrow it to roast our family turkey.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be adding you to my Daily Inspirtations if you don't mind.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How special that pan is, for many reasons! Glad you had such a good day. Man, I just love your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your granmothers roasting pan is truly a sweet treasure! how wonderful to have it. This would be too good to be true, but did she leave you her recipes to? That would be nice! Blessings, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, that pan has seen a lot of love, too. Look how shiny it is! Is it a heavy one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful memory! Hope you had a sweet Thanksgiving!

    Have a very blessed day!

    smiles, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely Thanksgiving was had by all. Hasn't the roasting pan stood the test of time, just goes to show how well made they were in those days, lovely to are carrying on the family tradition. My dad uses a very similar roaster and he always says how marvellous the roast tastes after cooking in it, and saves on splashes in the oven too! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love items with a family history. I think the turkeys from this pan must be extra delicious as they are spiced with love! I hope one day your DD will use it with all this love too.

    It sounds like you are having the perfect Thanksgiving weekend...

    ~~ Heidi ~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and here I am using this disposable tin thing! Love that story and what a wonderful treasure to pass down :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful - what great memories! We watched Ratatouille on Thanksgiving - a nice but rather slow movie!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful that the pan has been passed down! They don't make them like that anymore. What great memories!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am jealous...how blessed you are to have that pan. How wonderful! I am glad you had a Great Thanksgiving with your family!
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is wonderful that you have that roasting pan. Isn't it wonderful when we are able to acquire wonderful items that bring so many happy memories when we use them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just love the roasting pan! It looks so sturdy and handy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful roasting pan! Great memories and lots of love go along with that pan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.