Welcome to an up close and personal look at some of the things that are in my kitchen:
I bought this scale at a yard sale...I've wanted one for so long and I just couldn't pass it up; a courting candle from my dear friend Josie; this miniature cookstove was given to me by my dear Gram.
A basket of flowers (flowers from Home and Garden Party); goose bought at Fort Ligonier Days several years ago with one of my dear Gram's pie pans behind it; bean pots and pitcher that also belonged to my dear Gram; a crock that also belonged to my dear Gram.
I got these two needle point pictures at a yard sale in the spring. The frames were different colors so I decided to give them a black crackle finish.
I bought these three little sheep that say "Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often" and the little tree last fall at Christmas In The Woods in Ohio; my star lamp; miniature oil lamp.
This large coffee pot was found in the attic of the home where I grew up. I have no idea who it belonged to. It has a hole near the bottom so I'm sure that is why it was put up in the attic. I'm so glad it wasn't thrown away; the off-white enamelware cup sat on the sink in my parent's kitchen.
I picked up this cut glass pitcher for $2.00 at a thrift store. I decided to use it for my cooking utensils. This small yellow enamelware creamer belonged to my dear Gram.
I hope you've enjoyed this up close and personal look at some of things that are near and dear to my heart. Thanks once again for taking the time to stop by...I appreciate it so much.
Much love to you all, Kim
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I just want to say a special thank you to those of you who stopped by for my kitchen tour...thank you Julie from Nunnie's Attic, Anne F, Oak Wind Farm, Susan from Penless Thoughts, Heidi, My Heart Is Always Home, Cheryl (Copper's Wife), Marilyn, Becky, Manuela from The Feathered Nest, Terri and Bob, Bittersweetpunkin, and Little Pen Pen for your sweet comments.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Heidi wanted to know if had the complete collection of Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. No Heidi, I do not, even though it may look like I do. I'm sure trying though!
You are so fortunate to have all these items from your grandmother! They are real treasures. I only have a couple of pieces from my grandmother and I treasure them.
ReplyDeleteI love your scales. I have an old Dutch scale and I love it too. They look so nice sitting in a kitchen. You get the best finds at yard sales. There are no yard sales in Holland.
Beautiful details and beautiful accents. Thank you for sharing your charming home and giving me a "peek".
ReplyDeleteBlessings for a Wonderful Sunday!
-Robin
I have an old white enamel coffee pot that I use as a planter. I love it. My husband does not have the eye for "junk" as he calls it but I always fix it up cute and love it.
ReplyDeleteSusan
I would let you decorate my home... anytime! Come on over! You have some great things... I love everything I see! I'm so glad someone didn't throw out the large coffee pot too! Love the needlepoint pic's... love it all.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing all of your cute kitchen stuff. I love that little black stove!!! It's adorable!! I love looking at pics of your home! so country cozy!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! It just keeps getting better and better. I would love to shop at one of YOUR yard sales. Even though I know you'd never get rid of anything from your Gram, gee ANYTHING you might pitch would be a treasure for sure to me!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Julie
I need that lamp bad! i am starting a colonial room in honor of my son.Living in the south they are hard to find. Love your finds.
ReplyDeleteLove the star lamp! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteGreat details - love the scale and the courting candle! It's always a treat to see more of your wonderful home.
ReplyDeleteManuela
You have such pretty "things" you are very lucky also to have so much from your gram. I have a few things and I do so treasure them very much.
ReplyDeleteA scale is on my wish list. I love that you have so many items from family. Items with a story are so much fun!
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen adornments are lovely additions. What I like about them is that each one has a story to go with it. Your Gram had great pieces! I see where you get your decorating gene from. The yellow enamelware creamer is adorable! Love the goose, too! Have a wonderful week! Thank you for always having a kind word to leave to me on my blog. You are so sweet! xo, Becky
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful treasures! Thank you for sharing your lovely home :) I just love the scales.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Dena
Hello Kim,
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog today & thank you for the lovely comments :) I love your beautiful home & your interesting items. I especially love your grandmother's miniature cookstove! I will have to start going to 'yard' sales - over here we call them 'garage'sales:) Have a great day,
Maria from CQ Australia
Hey Kim!
ReplyDeleteYou have been tagged! Please visit my blog for mor details.
I will be back to catch up with your postings soon. I love it all!
Have a great day!
Carolyn
My favorite thing is that scale, what a lucky find!
ReplyDeleteOh, I just love it all! Everything is wonderful and very well suited to your sweet kitchen. What treasures you have from your Gram and parents! I know they are precious to you, as they should be.
ReplyDelete