~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

~* Kitchen Tour *~

Thanks for stopping by, won't you please come in?
If you look straight ahead you can see the kitchen...one of the first things you'll notice is my large pantry. It's great for storage since I don't have a lot of counter space even though I have a nice sized kitchen.
I just love my black appliances...I'm adding more and more black touches to the kitchen. I love this little piece of furniture...can you guess what's inside? It's where I hide my garbage can. This was made by the Amish. My hutch is also Amish made. I store cookbooks in this hutch.
See my new sign...I found it this weekend. This is the table where some of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks are stored. This table belonged to my dear parents.
Where the meals are prepared each night. The double oven is a great feature.
This is my favorite wall in the kitchen. The wreath was one of the first things I purchased for the farmhouse when we moved in. The plates are from Marshall's. The little table holds the rest of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks.
And last, but not least, the table my dear husband and I purchased 17 years ago when we were first married.
I hope you enjoyed the tour of my kitchen...thanks again for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Well, it's official. I want to move in.

    I had a similar piece in our kitchen when we bought the house. There were no counters and no cabinets. The house was built in 1908 but the kitchen wasn't added until the late 40s. How they managed all those years without a kitchen is beyond me. My husband and his brother took the "built-in" out of the kitchen and moved into the dining room. It looks much better in there with all of my crystalware.

    Your kitchen table reminds me of my parents'. They have since passed it down to my cousin so it's been a while since I have seen it. But, I swear it's the same. Nice memory!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful kitchen. Makes me want to come over and share a cup of tea with you and just sit and visit. I really liked looking at your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kitchen! I have black appliances too, but my side by side is white. Can't wait to change that one day!
    And I am jealous of your pantry! I use an old pie safe for one, because I don't have one otherwise. But I think my favorite thing is your kitchen table & chairs set. Lots of special memories have been made there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Kim for taking me on this tour. I love seeing your beautiful kitchen. It is so cozy and really says a warm American farmhouse welcome! I only wish I could really stop by and sit at that amazing table for a nice cup of tea or coffee. I love your table and chairs! If I was back home buying furniture, I would want chairs like that. You really do have many Gooseberry cookbooks. Do you have the complete collection of them? I have seen them but don't have any. We are going to have a new kitchen put in this house as we are unable to find a house we can afford to make a move for the time being. I have a black over and stove top and also love it. That is one thing that has to go into my new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! I love the way you decorate, warm and homey.

    Oh, what I could do with a pantry like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is beautiful!!! So spacious and pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tour of your beautiful home. I love your porch! After just painting ours I'm noticing everyone's porches....lol.
    Your kitchen is so nice and cozy. Definitely "where the heart is"!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim!! I tell you what, your home looks like a picture from a magazine with the rural setting and all. It is just precious as can be and so neatly manicured! Your kitchen looks like a place where you just want to visit in and share those wonderful family times. So cozy and inviting. Your style is similar to my mother's style ~ warm, country and friendly! Hope your week is going great for you! xo, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you with the double oven! What a wonderful, homey kitchen. Thanks for the tour, it was a treat to see your beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so neat! You have lots of neat crannies and nooks. It is fun to see how other people decorate! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE yours...I enlarged some of your recent pics...such a coincidence ...I have a fall silk arrangement in a blue spatter enamelware coffee pot just like yours AND I have some cinnamon sticks resting on a vintage hankie on top of my vintage black Columbia Kitchen scale (just like yours)...I will have to post pics of my interior on my blog soon. Do you mind if I add you to my roll?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a very lovely home! I love the way you have it decorated. I have a table similar to yours in storage. My current kitchen area is not large enough for it. I would love to see more rooms of your home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I love your kitchen, Kim! Thanks for the tour ~ wish I could stop by in person. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.