~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Saturday, August 25, 2007

~* Kitchen Corners *~

I spent a lot of time in my dear Gram's kitchen...it was a place for holiday meals, baking, quilting, playing games or just talking. I've always wanted a kitchen that reflected my love for my Gram. I've been s-l-o-w-l-y trying to bring homey touches to my kitchen. Here are few pictures of what I've done in the past few days:
The cookie cutters that belonged to my dear Gram are finally hung up!
I have been looking for new canisters. I found these the other day for half price at one of my favorite local stores, Collections by Marty. They are labeled as "For Decorative Use Only" so I am using them to store my other cookie cutters...at least they'll be handy now! They are enamelware...they look like something she would have had.
I still have several things I need to work on; my bulletin board...dh is working on finding a board to use. I did find the chalkboard spray paint though. The other project is using one of the old wooden window frames from our house. I want to get old pictures from my dh's side of the family and old pictures from my side of the family and place them behind the glass. I have the vision for it...just not the time to do it!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you Wendi, Heidi, Melissa, Cherry, Becky, Terri and Bob, BB, Kelli, Lindy, Abbie, Nunnie, Rhoda, and Manuela for your nice comments about the sign my dd gave to me. She also brought her Dad a golf shirt since he LOVES golfing. Another thing that I thought was sweet is she called me several times a day to let me know what they were doing each day.

23 comments:

  1. I saw on another site, forgot which one, where they had used a large old silver tray and had used the chalkboard paint in the middle. It was sooo beautiful and a great way to use some of those silver trays.

    Thanks for your sweet comment back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my idol! I love your sweet touches. A definite inspiration to keep plugging away at our home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Your kitchen is so homey and sweet! I collect old cookie cutters myself and I love the way you hung your Gram's. Such a neat idea! I have mine displayed in glass pantry jars.

    The canisters are also nice. I love that look!You are doing a great job!

    Have a happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are displaying the cookie cutters. It is so great to be surrounded by things that are not only beautiful but also have a special meaning.

    Will you use the cookie cutters or have you "retired" them for decorative purposes only?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about your grandmother. My Gran meant the world to me and her home, with its baking smells, love and hugs, is something that I would like to emulate in my own home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kitchen ideas. I saw the silver tray also, but don't recall where, maybe Cindy's romantic house??? Look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so wonderful! Having things in your kitchen that reflect the love you had for your grandmother. I know how you feel! Grandmothers are the most magical people in our lives! And then you associate that with the kitchen which really is the heart of the home. I love the cookie cutters hanging. The whole look of the window is so nice. I wish I could enlarge the photo to see it better. Is that bittersweet arranged around the items?

    Your daughter sounds like a really sweet girl! Not only did she bring both her parents a nice gift, she called you to let you know how they were all doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen is lovely and homey! I'm getting ready to make a blackboard myself and I have a piece of metal flashing that I'm going to chalkboard paint and then frame cause I figure it will be magnet too. I think the silver tray is My Romantic Home.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookie cutters reminded me of my grandmother's kitchen. She always had these out and ready to make a batch of cookies for us grandkids. I love the display!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cookie cutter display - and your white enamel cannisters. Your kitchen looks warm & inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Kim! I hope you are having a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitchen looks SO homey and pretty! I absolutely LOVE it!!! I love the display of your gram's cookie cutters. What a great idea!

    I so enjoy stopping by your blog. Knowing that you live so close to where I used to live makes it feel like I'm visiting an old friend.

    Lindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the cannisters! You displayed your Gran's cookie cutters perfectly. You are just like me in that you are a sentimentalist and appreciate things passed down. One of the many reasons I enjoy your blog! xoxo, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in awe, those containers are absolutely wonderful!

    Have you ever thought about interior design professionally speaking???

    Thank you for your kind words earlier :)

    Kim K.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable cookie cutters AND kitchen! Love the cannisters too!
    What a warm and comforting space!
    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet that your Gram was a wonderful lady - especially since you are decorating your kitchen in memory of her. The cookie cutters are adorable hung on your wall and the canisters perfect. Like Oak Wind Farm, I have old cutters in glass jars..a small canister and a pickle jar. Have a lovely week and keep up the great work!!! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your canisters! I hope I can find some like that, their really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your kitchen is just so pretty!! I love how you use "memories" in your rooms~ How special!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there!! Your blog is SO pretty!! Such encouragment here! Thank you!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love what you are doing with your kitchen. Makes me think of my Mom and Grandma:)
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love kitchens and especially cozy, warm and functional kitchens. I think your kitchen reflects just that.
    I love the canisters and have been looking for some very similar to yours. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you've chosen to display those cookie cutters. A darling idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.