~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Monday, August 13, 2007

~* Doing Laundry *~

Never again will I complain again about doing laundry when I have all of the modern conveniences that my great grandma didn't have. This is a picture of my Great Grandma Ophelia doing laundry...that's her on the far right hand side. I had a smaller picture that I loved so I decided to scan and enlarge it. This picture now hangs in my laundry room above my sink.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

These are the pictures that I wanted to share with all of you on Friday.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This really IS the last post I'll be posting until next week.
Take care and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo to have, Kim! Even though your grandma and the other ladies were hard at work, I'm sure they had a lovely time chatting together and catching up after the weekend.
    Your laundry room looks great, so clean! Mine is supposed to be white but won't be until I paint it..LOL It's been on my to-do list for several years.
    Have a wonderful and relaxing time away!!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness don't I know it!

    My grandmother used a wringer for the clothing, and she made pasta from *scratch*. She would bleach a picnic table in the backyard, and then roll out pasta paper thin and slice it by hand with a little knife and according to my mom, hung it on a clothes line to dry!!!

    I almost hope its one of those "Walked in the snow two miles up hill both ways!" stories like Bill Cosby used to tell, its so awful thinking of what women did to make meals and prepare a nice home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Just did laundry and it only took a few seconds :)
    great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positively the neatest laundry room I have ever seen...When you think about the labor involved for those women of the past, kind of makes it silly to complain about moving laundry from the washer to the dryer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful picture! I love that you enlarged it and are actually enjoying the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are great. My sister use to say (tonque in cheek) "Lucky grandma, she didn't have to remember to take something out of the freezer for dinner."
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special a photo is that hanging in your laundry room! I love doing laundry. I love ironing! They are old~ fashioned pleasures of the modern housewife even though we have it so much easier. I feel connected to the old ways when I do it. It was fun to see your very pretty laundry room. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree! My Grandmother used to wash with a wringer washer when I was growing up and I thought it was great fun to "help" her put the clothes thru the wringer and hand her the clothes pins when she hung up the laundy on the line outside. Not so much fun when it was zero outside and the laundry still had to be done!

    Thanks goodness for modern conveniences.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a perfect picture for your laundry room! Love it. You know, hand crank washing machines are making a comeback in the environemtal crowd. No electricty to run it and apparently they use water efficiently. I'm happy with my front loader.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your laundry is so pristine! I wish mine looked as fresh as that.

    I love the photo of your house on your header. It looks so pretty, just like a doll's house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your laundry room and the picture is a wonderful reminder! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect picture for that spot in your home! Pretty laundry room...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Kim,
    I just discovered your blog & have enjoyed viewing it very much! I've put yours into my 'favourites'.
    I LOVE this photo - what a treasure! You have a beautiful home :)
    Congratulations on your great blog!
    Maria from Central Queensland, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.