~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

~* A New Sign *~

This sign was a gift to me from my 14 y.o. dd. She gave this to me when she returned from Georgia at the begining of August (she went on vacation with a friend and the friend's family). I was really touched because she knew how much I'd been wanting a powder room sign.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you for all of your sweet comments about the picture of my great-grandma. I loved reading all of your comments on washing clothes. My dear Mom never owned an automatic washer...it was a good ole' wringer washer for her. My dear Dad had wanted to buy her an automatic washer, but she never wanted one. I had never used an automatic washer until my dh and I were first married...that was 17 years ago!

13 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and thoughtful daughter you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea to think you used a wringer washer for so long. I wish we could go back to some old ways. There are days I don't mind all the modern conviences around me but other days, I wish I could go in slow motion and do everything in the old ways. But your heart must be in a special place whenever you work in your laundry room looking at that wonderful photograph.

    The sign from your daughter is really pretty. What a nice thing for her to have done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. And what a sweet daughter to bring you such a thoughtful gift. I have two daughters myself, so I am always touched when they remember something like that.

    You look like a delightful person and I will look forward to visiting your blog again!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a special and unique picture...such a neat idea to hang it in your laundry room! I love your powder room sign as well. I always enjoy visiting your home! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter sounds like a lovely lady! Love the sign and I also want to tell you that your home is so pretty! Your white cabinets are beautiful! Thank you for sharing...Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. An adorable sign but an even more adorable daughter! I love your site! Come and visit me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is stunning! I lovvvvvve yard saling too - every sweet treasure needs a home...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter is very sweet and thoughtful. Your new sign is so pretty!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love signs! And this one is SO pretty! What a nice gift! And what a sweet daughter!

    Lindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A real thoughtful gift, your daughter knows her mommy well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness I just love your blog. It's absolutely beautiful and I love your decorating style. Little by little I am changing over to all country. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Please stop again. p.s - Your prayer for your home is just lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Kim what a sweet sign from your DD. I know you love it! Thank you for stopping by to see me often. So glad you do.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet, thoughtful daughter you have! That's a beautiful sign!
    It's perfect.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.