~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Thursday, May 20, 2010

~♥ My Screen Door ♥~

I old wooden screen doors.  This door has been on our home since 1963 when my In-Laws lived in this house.  My door recently got a makeover....there was no way I would ever part with this door because it's seen too many people come and go in it's 47 years in existance.
My dear Hubby and I went to Lowe's and found wooden accent pieces.  He graciously accepted the duty of painting them and attaching them to the door.
Here's an up close and personal look...isn't she pretty?

Thanks for stopping by, dear friends!
Kim
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you all for the kinds words you left on my last post,
"My Daughter's Prom."  She had a wonderful time with her boyfriend and friends!

21 comments:

  1. I love screen doors. I am trying to fugure out how to gingerbread up my RV door. lol

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love screen doors. The way they squeek when you open them and the sound the make when they bang shut. Reminds me of my grandparents house.
    The new pieces you added to your door really look nice. It changed up the whole look.
    Enjoy your day Kim,
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SO SWEET. I LOVE OLD WOOD SCREEN DOORS TOO. THE ADDED CORNER PIECES MAKE IT REALLY STAND OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kim! I love that door!!! I especially love the plaque on the door "Welcome to the Porch". I so wish I had a porch! I think that's what I miss the most...a porch! You have a beautiful home for that door to go in front of, and what a nice sentiment...about all the people that have gone through that door through the years... Love it!

    jeanette from www.sweetjeanette.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep telling my husband this is exactly what I need! Perfect, love the history behind the door.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love wooden screen doors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to tell you once again, thank you for the gift you sent! We are back from Italy now and I was overjoyed to see my "Kindness" book waiting for me.

    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

    - TravelinPilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with the door. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim ~ I love your wooden screen door! It is so welcoming! It brings back memories of my gramma's home...sweet, sweet memories! Special weekend blessings to you! Hugs ~ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wooden screen doors! Yours looks great with the added features...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your screen door is wonderful. I would love to have one on my house too. I remember hearing them "slam" as a child, sometimes bouncing back a time or two, before they settled... the creaking sounds they sometimes made... the breeze that blows through them... oh my, I NEED a screen door!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kim~
    I so love what you've done to the front door!!

    And, I agree..keep it..it holds so many memories.

    Lately, I've been thinking SO much about my Great-Grandparents home that we use to visit in the country. Oh how fond the memories are of that beautiful home in the country...farm pastures....and such sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love screen doors too and yours is so cute and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My word! Those little accents look like they've been on the door forever! Well done Kim!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim I love it and love screened doors. I recently picked one up at a re-use it store. My hubs and I's bedroom used to be an attack before it was re-down so we have a set of stairs that go up and of course at the bottom was a big heavy door. Not anymore, we took care of that with the screen door. I think its a great kitchy cottage accent. I plan on posting pics on my blog. Stop by sometime. Keep on blogging sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim, That is so precious! How many of us had screen doors growing up! I can see why you didn't want to part with it. What a great idea for sprucing it up! And what a sweet hubby for doing it!

    I've been on the look out for homemaking friends to visit as I have a homemaking blog too called Comin' Home. We live in the Sam Houston National Forest on seven acres...We only just moved out to the country about four years ago and LOVE IT! I signed up to follow you as I'd love to keep in touch and share some of your great ideas with my readers now and then.

    Cute blog!! I love your header especially!! Isn't it great to find a way to get a cute font too? I've been working with hotbliggityblog and they did quite an update for me.

    It's taken a couple of years of blogging to figure out how to get those things done. I love your music too BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That extra little touch made a big difference! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also love wooden screen doors! No metal doors for me! 47years, if that door could talk. I am sure it would only have good things to say!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it....I wouldn't trade that door either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.