~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Sunday, May 9, 2010

~♥ For My Mom ♥~

"The Watcher"
by Margaret Widdemer
She always leaned to watch for us,
Anxious if we were late,
In winter by the window,
In summer by the gate.

And though we mocked her tenderly,
Who had such foolish care,
The long way home would seem more safe
Because she waited there.

Her thoughts were all so full of us,
She never could forget!
And so I think that where she is
She must be watching yet.

Waiting till we come home to her,
Anxious if we are late,
Watching from Heaven’s window,
Leaning on Heaven’s gate.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom...
It's been 20 years since you went home to be with the Lord
and there's not a day that goes by that I do not miss you.
Kim

4 comments:

  1. That is a very touching poem and so appropriate for those of us who are observing Mother's Day without our moms. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem was just beautiful Kim. My momma is also with the lord, so it really struck a chord with me. I wish you a wonderful Mother's Day.....we can bask in loving memories when it is all that we have left...
    xo, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Lovely poem! Wow, 20 yrs...it's been 2 weeks for me! Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem for your mom, I am sending this in my thoughts today to my mom, my first Mother's Day without her! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful poem Kim, and in that my mom is gone too, it really touched my heart. I hope that you had a lovely Mother's Day my friend and congrats to your daughter on her license.

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.