Hello dear friends...I wanted to share with you some of the things in my home that are special to me...
a jar full of buttons that belonged to my "Gram"
my first pincushion...my Mom bought it for me when I took home ec in 7th grade...
I have always loved wooden spools...
my dear Gram spent many hours sewing on this Singer sewing machine...if I close my eyes I can hear the steady hum and her laughter!
Hi Kim!
ReplyDeleteI love all the items you showed that made your day today. I also love keeping favorite things from my grandmother like her old sewing box with old thread, thimbles and needles. I also just realized that your blog "Home is Where the Heart Is" is what I end each of my pages with on my website, Room by Room Primitive Decorating. I'd love you to take a look sometime when you get a chance. Anyway, have a great day and I'll be following.
Dianne
I love all of your treasured memories! Thank you for sharing with us. I smiled too! Have a Happy day!
ReplyDeleteLisa ;)
Hi Kim, so good to see you posting. I have a sewing machine just like that and I too can here my gram and her sister sewing on it and talking in polish and laughing and me sitting on the floor by them. Such wonderful memories for me also.
ReplyDeleteIt is great to have all these wonderful memories in our hearts.
Awww..soo perfect for a Thursday afternoon visit! I love how you remember, treasure and share what is important and meaningful to you with us. I also like the items stored in jars - too cute!
ReplyDeleteThese are sweet. I don't really have anything like that. I am just not a saver. I gave most of that stuff away to family members that I knew would appreciate it more. I do have a salt and pepper shaker set that was my grandmas though.
ReplyDeleteThose are wonderful treasures that hold special memories! I have a Singer machine also. It's not my grandma's but it is one just like she had. I too remember the hum of my grandma at work. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Mandy
Those are special treasures indeed. I am sure each hold many memories and each have stories to tell every time you loo upon them. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteI love that little rabbit. You are so lucky to have your grandmother's sewing machine and don't you just love buttons? Funny, Kim, that until you mentioned it I didn't realize we get styrofoam and plastic spools now. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. So, what are the titles of the books in that pile?
What wonderful treasures, Kim! I, too, have a botton jar that I dearly love. Thanks for sharing such special memories.
ReplyDeleteI can see why they make you smile...great memories. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI also keep my sewing needles and pins in the same jar my grandmother did. My great uncle and grandfather were both wood carvers, too. I should show there work someday. I think we should be surrounded by things that make us smile, it makes sense to me!
ReplyDeletedenise
What sweet treasures you have! I love all of them!
ReplyDeleteAt one time, I had a big mason jar full of wooden thread spools and another filled with old buttons. I regret to say that I gave them away! I had them displayed on an old wooden ironing board with a sad iron a lot like the one in your pics. I was trying to down-size and gave them all away (except the sad iron). I didn't think I would regret it, but I do.
The other stuff I gave away hasn't haunted me yet! LOL! I even recently bought another old ironing board!
Enjoy your day!
Hi Kim,
ReplyDeleteLove the rabbit what a treasure and the sewing machine is fantastic!. I too love all my things I have from my grandma and have them all over the house.
Have a great day,
Elizabeth
Hi Kim,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and visitng my blog! Your home is so cute a,d I love the sewing stories. My Mom taught me how to sew at a young age, and looking through my sewing basket always brings me happy memories.
Smiles, Nancy
Those are all nice things...no wonder they make your day. I love that sewing machine...how special it is. And I like you, love spools and also buttons. Those just make me smile sitting in a jar!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, Kim!
Tammy
What great items. It is nice that you have memories behind them.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing all those wonderful memories that make you smile. I enjoyed looking at them. I remember my denim hat too! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the fact that you get to be surrounded by things that make you smile each day... And they are not big huge expensive things! Just simple things with lots of memories and meaning. May we all be this lucky!
ReplyDeleteAmy
I love all your happy things my sweet! That little wooden bunny is adorable. Loved hearing about your memories of each piece. cherry
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the little carved rabbit! So sweet! And love wooden spools as well...thanks for sharing, Kim!
ReplyDeleteWell Kim, you sure have some nice keepsake treasures there. I love wooden spools of thread and the old sewing machine. Nice memories for you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sher
how wonderful :) thank you for sharing a little piece of your home with me.....have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI do not have an attic that I can put stuff in but I do have a garage and boy does it need cleaning out!
ReplyDeleteAdorable treasures Kim.
ReplyDeleteWhat pretty, homey things Kim, I really enjoy your blog. I'll be back for more!
ReplyDeleteThank-you also for visiting, please come back soon!
Laurie
Those are such special treasures! And what a talent it took to carve that little rabbit. So cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet photos! Your post really gave us a glimpse of your heart - I really enjoyed it. (and I'm lovin' that denim hat!!) :)
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful mementos you have! It's so nice to be able to look at something and have special memories connected to it.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
Jen
Thanks for sharing some of your special things :) Your crocheted doily and milk glass vases bring back sweet memories of some of my grandma's things. And the pincushion -- of course, 7th grade home ec! Where we all learned to sew zippers inside out and pockets upside down ;o
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely treasures you have...Love the pin cushion...Sweet! Have a wonderful weekends..Thanks for stopping by..kathy
Oh Kim, I love all of your tresures and that little rabbit is so sweet! What a very special keepsake.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Dena
I can see why these treasures would bring a smile to your face, Kim! Just beautiful and I especially love the little bunny.
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Those are some beautiful treasures you shared with us. I LOVE that little carved rabbit...so cute. It is neat when you have so many memories associated with all your treasures.♥
ReplyDeleteLove all those little treasures and how you displayed them!
ReplyDeleteHow nice to be surrounded by things that hold such special memories.
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteCherished tangible treasures/memories and keepsakes for sure !
Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos of your treasured keepsakes !
Hugs,
Linda
Oh Kim, how sweet everything is! I actually have the same pin cushion from my Mom too! I adore the spools too! How sweet! and the little shoe? well that is simply darling! Thanks so much for stopping in and leaving such sweet comments too! I think I lost your link somehow and I've been thinking about you, so I am so glad you stopped over, now I can add this one back to my list!! Have a wonderful day sweetie!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cynthia
Kim,
ReplyDeleteLove your items...especially the story of the little carved bunny. As women the special items we treasure is what makes us unique, and what creates memories that are past from generation to generation...thanks for sharing your treasures.
Hugs,
Deb
I love all the sewing things in apothicary Jars! I love the baby shoes too! I have some that were mine I think I might have to put them out too! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
P.S. I love that the sewing things belong to family!
Morning Kim. How sweet to share such treasured things. It is these things that make a house a home. I have a few things, I might share one day.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Saturday and Sunday. See you soon.
Barbara
Where are you Kim? I hope things are ok. Have a lovely weekend. cherry
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your smile with me! I loved looking at the things special to you and see that we share some ideas of what is special.
ReplyDeleteHugs ~
Heidi
Kim...I love the jars! I will have to do that with some of my momentos...I really enjoy your blog!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love decorating with things that have special meaning behind them. Yours are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. It is always fun to meet like minded friends in blogland.
Hugs,
sue
Hi Kim!
ReplyDeleteLove all your "special" things...it's so wonderful to have little pieces with such wonderful memories scattered here and there, that with a glance, make ya smile! :)
Have a beautiful day.
Hugs-Kath
Just checking in to say hello - hope your week is going great!
ReplyDeleteEverything is so precious and heartfelt! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteChristy
PS...I like your blog header...the home looks like Green Gables! :)
So nice to see all of the everyday things that made an inpact on you. I too have a lot of items from my Grandmas throughout my home. My vintage treasures mean more to me than any new item I have ever bought. I have alot of old pictures too. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete