I am hooked on milk glass vases...I just found this one on Wednesday at the thrift store...it was $1.00. I still haven't decided what I'm going to put in it..maybe a lovely little violet...I know it has to be something very springy!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Dear readers, I can't thank you all enough for the kind comments you continue to leave me...honestly, when I started this blog I didn't think anyone would be interested in what was going in my home...it truly is a haven to me and my family.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love, Kim
Great price on that little milk glass vase. It would be adorable with a little violet in it.
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable! My Mama loved milk glass too, especially the hobnail type, like your's. My oldest sister got all of it after Mama passed away. But that's okay, I still have the memories and they can't break! :)
ReplyDeleteI think a sweet little violet would be the perfect thing to put in that darling vase!
ReplyDeleteNice find, lovely!
ReplyDeleteI'm starting to see alot of milk glass around. It is very delicate looking and I like the way you have the two in your window with the ivy. I think a violet would be great for a touch of Spring. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThose are very pretty and they seem like they could go anywhere in the house. Love that!
ReplyDelete-Kim
We used to have one like that. (My mom may still have it.) We always kept (now don't laugh) pencils and pens in it next to the telephone. Yep!
ReplyDeleteI have the matching candlesticks. I have no idea why, but they were always put away in the original box. When grandma died (she always lived with us) they were given to me.
I think the color of the violets would look so beautiful in those milk gass vases!
ReplyDeleteYou have a lovely little collection. Don't you love thrift store prices? They have just ruined me for shopping- suddenly everything seems so overpriced :)
ReplyDeleteI love milk glass too. Check out todays post wher I show some of my milk glass stands...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
www.mysuzyhomemaker.com
I love the looks of milk glass too, Kim! I would love to run across a lamp of milkglass with a pink shade for Joy's room!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Tammy
I have a couple of little pieces from my grandmother that I love. I need more though!
ReplyDeleteOnce again, very beautiful! (I'm still hoping my mom will give up hers!)
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Kimberly
I love milkglass too. You have great style. I love seeing what you come up with.
ReplyDeleteThe vases are super sweet - but I just love your plate, too!
ReplyDeleteHi Kim -
ReplyDeleteI love milk glass, too, but haven't begun to allow myself to add yet another collection. I nearly did today, though, in our little local thrift store. They had the most gorgeous big piece. While I was tempted I knew I didn't have room to add it to my things. Thanks for sharing yours with us.
~Adrienne~
of course we're interested! you have a lovely home and you share beautiful photos and words- we gain another good blogger-buddy and tons of inspiration! what's not to like??
ReplyDeletehave a great week-end!
I love milk glass, too, and these are such pretty examples of it! I wish I had some--and could find it for $1 like you did!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining my party and sharing this with us! :-)
I like milk glass, too. But everything seems to look even better in your house. lol
ReplyDeleteHello Kim! remember me? It's Kelli from Lovely Vintage Cottage Life. let me tell you, you and me both with the milk glass. There is something that is just so timeless about it. Please stop by and visit my new blog at lovelyvintagecottagelife.blogspot.com Hope all is well. Still lovin' your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteI love hob nail milkglass too! Your pieces are very pretty!
ReplyDeleteI like milk glass too. If I like the shape and price I pick it up.
ReplyDeleteLilacs maybe... They don't last long but they are worth it for the brief time they are around. Nothing says spring is turning into summer like lilacs!
ReplyDeleteOr dafodils... the bright yellow with the white would be so pretty!
I just went to Goodwill yesterday. I plan on posting today about my finds. I have never really done the Goodwill thing before!
Isn't it amazing who finds your blog and who finds it interesting? Like you, I never thought anyone would be interested in what I had to say. I've been pleasantly surprised over and over. BTW, I like your blog, too!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful vase. I just LOVE the 'thrift' and 'junk' store finds! I have become a junk store junkie!
ReplyDeleteI love your vases! What a great deal on your latest one!
ReplyDeleteNicole
I love Milk Glass too! I got this beautiful Milk Glass vase from a thrift store for 2 dollars! I love thrift stores. I really like your blog thank you for all your inspiring idea!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
I love milkglass and I love it even more when I can find it for cheap at goodwill ;)
ReplyDeleteVery cute finds!!
rue
Hello I'm Jennifer I live SW of Pittsburgh. I don't have a blog but love to look for ideas and yours has so many. I was so happy to see a blog that mentioned stores I know and can get to. Most blogs seem to be southern so Im so excited to have found yours. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteGreat deal on the milk glass Ü
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I had a neighbor growing up who loved these. Looking at them reminded me of her.
ReplyDeleteKim, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment. I love your milk glass vases. Your kitchen window sill is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour milk glass vases are lovely, Kim. I love seeing how people choose to decorate their homes.
ReplyDeleteHello, I was just looking around and found your blog! I just love Milkglass too! Have fun collecting them, actually anything you like,
ReplyDeleteI will be back on your blog, mine is not up-to-date.
France