Good afternoon to you from foggy, rainy Southwestern PA! I thought I'd share some of my decorating...for some reason it is taking me longer than usual and I don't think I've done anything different than before. I thought I'd start in my Laundry/Powder Room area.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This is a little window display. My Uncle Bud made me the farmhouse and barn so it's really special to me. I have a pipberry willow tree in here now, but I'd like to find a nice pine tree for the display in winter. In the spring/summer/fall I add green felt for the grass.

This is my Gram's sewing machine. I have so many wonderful memories of her sewing on this machine...oh how she made it HUM! The one apothocary jar holds some of her buttons.

This is the top of my washer. I change out the stuff in the basket seasonally.

The dear lady I work for gave me this Christmas towel.

Isn't it pretty? I really hate to use it!

This is the top of my dryer. The iron was given to me by my Gram. I can't imagine having to iron with something that heavy! The wrought iron Christmas tree was a thrift store find for a $1.00. I had to add the little glass candle holders and candles which I found at Walmart.

Now we're in the Powder Room...a basket of berries.

There are two windows in the PR and I added the berry swag to each of them and hung the star on the curtain rod.

A candle with candle ring on the sink.

Two gingerbreadmen pictures in my small cupboard.


A small jar with soaps sitting on a candle ring.

A snowman made by a friend...isn't he sweet?

Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your comments and visits. I try to reply back by e-mail or with a comment on your blogs, but sometimes I'm not able to and I hope you'll forgive me if you don't hear back from me.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A Request:
I've created a special blog to list all of my blogging friends...if you'd like to be added to my list, please let me know...okay? I appreciate it! I was just going to do those who link to me from their blogs, but I know some of you don't have that on your blog and I wanted to include everyone!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you all so much for your sweet and encouraging words on my last post ~* A Pringles Can Gift Container *~...you all are too kind...Nancy really enjoyed her gift!
I have linked you to my blog roll. I now have it on a separate thing. (I started a new blog and all that is on there is a blog roll and a private blog.) But I have the blog roll linked to my site. It keeps my side bar from being so cluttered.
ReplyDeleteLove your decorating!
Hi Kim -
ReplyDeleteI'd love to stay inside today and finish my decorating but I'm off soon to have lunch with my dear mother and my cousin. Believe me, I'm not complaining about that! Mom is fixing lunch in her pretty little cottage that is all decorated.
It's taking me longer this year to get my decorations up and I'm trying to simplify and do less. Our lives have been so terribly busy that it's just not been possible to keep up with it all. Hopefully the decorating will be finished in a day or two.
I have the same little green and white church birdhouse. Yours looks so sweet there with your other decorations. I love all the special touches you've added to your laundry room and powder room. I may get to mine before Christmas - next year!
Hugs,
~Adrienne~
I love all your Christmas touches! Especially the window box. How clever!
ReplyDeleteHi Kim,
ReplyDeleteI love all your beautiful touches around your home. Especially love the old iron & sewing machine that belonged to your grandmother :D
I've had a link to your blog since I first found you!
Love
Maria
I love your home and your decorating, your blog is one of the first ones I check when I come home from work.
ReplyDeleteHave a Blessed Day
Mary
You can put me down because I just "followed" you. I thought I already was because I read you every day but I don't think I was. Guess I just didn't get around to it! Anyway I am now.
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures, thanks for sharing!
My goodness, Kim, I don't know where to begin ~ I just love your home! We have the same tastes for sure because everything you have I would either love to have or already do:) Your dear Gram's sewing machine is truly a special treasure, especially since you can remember her using it!
ReplyDeleteI love the Mistletoe towel. I wouldn't want to use it either.
ReplyDeleteI would give anything to have a sink like that in between my washer and dryer.
Kim, I've enjoyed your holiday decor very much. Simple, comforting country decor. Thank you for sharing it with all of us in blogland.
ReplyDeleteMerry CHRISTmas!
Blessings,
Sher
You have been on my blog roll for quite some time. I love all your decorating. It's so cute!
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas decorating looks really nice. I really like your candle tree! I don't know that I've seen one of those before! You have such a wonderful home to decorate!
ReplyDeleteYou asked about those that link to you....I have you on my blogroll.
Have a great rest of the week, Kim!
Tammy
Hi Kim~ just found your blog and I just had to follow :0) You have a lovely home and I just love your special touches. Your new Do looks great~
ReplyDeleteI guess you mean by "link" you mean follow? I do follow you:)
ReplyDeleteLove all your decorating I really like the willow tree with the houses.
Rondell
Your house is looking very festive Kim. I am finally doing more decorating now. Having a bad cold has slowed me down. It is a special feeling to just put on some Christmas music and tinker with things around the house. I hope you are enjoying your holiday preparations!
ReplyDeleteHugs ~
Heidi
Wow I just found you today and i love your blog! Your decorations are just beautiful! Will be back soon!
ReplyDeleteJoy
Great pictures. I love it that you even decorate your laundry room. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteI have you on my Favorite Blogs and Websites sidebar, follow you via Blogger and Bloglines. I love that you live so close by. When you get snow, I get snow. :) I love your decorations.
Rean Day
I love you very Christmas home! It's like something out of a sweet Christmas dream. Here's hoping you and your family have the Christmas they want and Santa is good to you all!
ReplyDeleteColleen
Everything looks great! I wish my laundry room looked as nice as your's. It's the one room where everybody just tosses in whatever! UGH!
ReplyDeleteI have an iron like your's. I used to have a big collection of them, but I sold them all excpet that one. I'm really glad that we don't have to use them these days! My Mama did though.
What a wonderful blog you have. Your snow looks soooo....cold.lol. We've been getting the r a i n s...here in the NW. Nice to meet you. Laurie
ReplyDeleteI love your home! You are so talented. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lesa Swedeen
I just love your homey touches and all the home made things that make Christmas special to me. Come and visit me at Choose Joy. Carol
ReplyDelete