~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Thursday, December 18, 2008

~*A Few More Kitchen Pictures*~

I can't thank you all enough for the many visits and kind comments you left on my last post...I'm so overwhelmed!!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I inadvertantly left out a few pictures that I wanted to share for the Christmas Kitchen Tour...here they are:
This is my chalkboard...it's one of my all-time favorite things in the kitchen. I absolutely love having a chalkboard to write little notes and sayings (I know there are a lot of you sweet blogging friends that have shown neat ideas for chalkboards).
Here is the word PEACE spelled out with twigs that I glued together. I then used decorative ornament hooks to hang them on my curtain rod.
I know that some of you have tried Martha Stewart's glitter, well a few days ago I tried it for the first time and all I can say is WOW...I'm hooked...this stuff is amazing! If you haven't tried it before, I say RUN, don't walk, to your nearest Wal-mart to get some and give it a try. You'll be hooked like me!!!
I've been on a search for new cannisters...I was getting very frustrated because every set of cannisters I looked at wasn't what I was after. I finally found what I was looking for...at Walmart...they were right under my nose all along and I didn't know it!!! They were very reasonably priced and I think they have a nice old-fashioned feel, which is what I was after.
Ok, this wreath is not in my kitchen, but I wanted to show it to you anyways...I found it at JoAnn's last week for a few bucks...I added the ribbon...I bought two of them to hang on my laundry room windows. I showed my laundry room tour a few posts ago...Click Here if you'd like to see it.*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Melissa from Little Things In Life gave me a Kreativ Blogger award. Thank you, Melissa...I appreciate it! I always have a hard time deciding who to give these awards to so I'm going to dedicate it to all of you sweet, creative blogging friends in blogland!

21 comments:

  1. Kim! I love your things...I have one of those jars that I keep sand dollars in...they are very old fashioned looking indeed!

    Everything is very lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that Chalkboard! I've have been saying that I need to make one to hang in my kitchen and I've never gotten around to it. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love having a chalkboard in the kitchen. I also have one right by the front door so we don't forget things or have to hang notes on the door.

    I am going to have to try Martha Stewart glitter....I keep hearing it is the best....I'll have to get some. I just love all the pictures of everything in your post. Very festive!

    Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is absolutely to die for...GORGEOUS! I love everything you've done to make it both warm and festive. Care if I move in???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, as usual I love how you've decorated. If you ever wake up and find someone on your front porch don't be afraid. It will be me just enjoying the big ole' lovely porch. However, I think I'll wait till the snow is gone....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, your home is looking so pretty for the holidays. I just love coming and checking things out.

    I have those same canisters and absolutely love them.

    Hope all is well with you and that you have the very best holidays my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are welcome and congratulations! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chalkboard BTW. I am going to show it to DD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that chalkboard! I have those same canisters..I painted the tops red...I love them. That peace sign is too creative. Merry Christmas Kim! Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOHHH YES Martha glitter IS indeed addicting....if you are like me you keep wanting to add colors to your collection. It is a nice fine glitter that covers well. Ok I am done! rofl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE it...i really need a chalkboard in my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so cute! I love the star Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning, Kim -
    Your chalkboard is fantastic! You can come to my house and help me make one. Those canisters are wonderful. I have a few of those in my garage pantry. They are good for a lot of things other than food, too. And I love the wreaths in your laundry room window. Just right! Thanks for sharing everything with us today.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I LOVE your decorating style and everything you have done with your house. Plus, I am a huuuge fan of all the snow photos you have posted! I don't think there can ever be enough. :) Your barn looks gorgeous with its wreaths dusted with snow.

    I'm so glad I found your blog today. I will definitely be coming back for visits!

    Happy Holidays. :)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is so cute!! I love the "peace" hanging in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the PEACE sign, Kim. Your decor looks like it would fit perfectly in my home. Perhaps I can hire you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love chalkboard and jars - so your kitchen is my dream as well! Everything look amazing - what a perfect Christmas house!

    PS- I'm a Wal-Mart girl too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've had a lot of catching up to day this past little while. But I loved all the Christmas tour pix of your home. I can't get over how cute that 'PEACE' out of twigs is. Great job. And I'm sold on MS's glitter as well. You need so little, for so much sparkle. : ) Your little green star tree is also irresistable.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always enjoy visiting your blog. Your home looks wonderful, as always!
    I especially love your PEACE twigs! What a very sweet and creative idea!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love what you did with those twigs - great idea using nature! Thanks for the tip on the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kim! Your house is so beautiful! Is that your barn? I have a thing for barns. They are awesome!
    Got your message about winning Kimba's giveaway, I was so excited! I am always giving away my paintings at festivals and such, now I will have to come up with a cool giveaway in blog land. Love your chalkboard, I just made two for our gift exchange with the sister-in-laws. I had old trays in the basement and painted them with chalkboard paint, added hanging hooks and voila! You should make some and sell them! Great ideas on your blog, and thanks for adding me as a friend! ~ Misti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.