~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

~* My Bench--Yes It's Black...lol *~

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my last post regarding my black picture frame and the black shelf. I'm really loving how they all turned out.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
For weeks now I have contemplated painting the bench on our porch, which was made by my dh back in high school (25 years ago!!!). I received a pleasant surprise when my dd and I returned home last night. I saw that the bench had been moved from the porch, but I didn't know what happened to it. Turns out that dh decided to paint it for me! That really touched my heart that he would do that...I guess he's not that tired of black....Yet!

Thanks for stopping by dear friends!

35 comments:

  1. Love it black! Really makes it pop out there on the porch. It's a beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOooo! I love the black! It makes the wonderful bench even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I got the table for 40$ at a consignment shop...it was stained brown. I ruffed up the top real good with the sander, painted the legs black, rubbed a little black in places on the top, then stained the whole thing with early american minwax and some poly!
    The chairs are from everywhere and I just painted them all black.
    I like black too....you just can't go wrong with it. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so great! He's a keeper, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!!!! Tell your hubby that he did a great job not only painting it black for you but building it as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bench looks wonderul black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. This bench is striking painted black. And. . .hubby did a great job making this years ago too.

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Kim..
    I love the black bench... really nice.... how sweet of your dear h to surprise you ..
    Your bath with the black accents really look nice... I love ferns by the way... I have a fern pillow in my keeping room.. and have them planted outside near my shady porch. My keeping room/living room is done in a rustic lodge look, since my h wouldn't let me throw out the mounted deer head..LOL
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it, no--I love it!---I so would love a bench like that too:)

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bench!
    Your husband did a fantastic job not only building it, but painting it.
    Both are keepers!!
    Enjoy your day~

    ~Janene~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh...it looks great in black!
    Love it...

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments...always love receiving messages.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, that was so sweet of him! It's so pretty in black! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that's so sweet of your hubby! I love it black! It looks great there on your porch, Kim!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bench painted black...thanks for stopping by for a visit:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bench in black! Your husband did a great job making it!

    shareff5@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwww! How sweet of him to do that! It looks great! Now it is timeless!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, wow! It looked great before, but now.....WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bench black...what a great husband you have to surprise you like that:0
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bench is adorable and I love it painted black. I think the bench and the builder are keepers!

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful husband, to do that for you! I love it black!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your front porch looks so inviting Kim & I love the bench painted black! What a great spot to sit on a Fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great black and what a sweet thing for your dh to do!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks great black!! I love the shape of it!! Very inviting!! Have a great day!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. The bench looks great! And what a nice thing for your husband to do. I love these kinds of surprises!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The bench looks amazing in black...what a special surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great surprise! The bench looks great black! He did a wonderful job building it too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet thing for your DH to do! I love surprises like that:) I think it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are making me want to paint more things black! The bench looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it! What a difference it makes.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  30. looks great - it just sort of
    POPS now! love it..
    colleen

    ReplyDelete
  31. VERY handsome bench, Kim! What a talented hubby, and so thoughtful, too! A real keeper! The bench looks great painted black.

    ReplyDelete
  32. A most unusual piece of furniture, your black bench. Very pretty.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Kim ....That's looks great....I love that....Your DH is so sweet to do that for you...AWwww!......I love to visit your blog...You always have such a wonderful post to share....Hope you have a great week...Katherinellen

    ReplyDelete
  34. That looks great!! I love it. I have a bench that we painted black and it's one of my favorite things. This looks really good on your front porch, too. -Julia :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.