~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

~* The Living Room Tour - Part 2 *~

I decided to give you an up close and personal look at some of the items in our living room. All I can say is thank goodness for high speed internet or it would have taken days to upload these pictures. I hope you all enjoy the second part of the tour.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This coffee table was made by my dear husband when we were first married. Our dd loved walking around this coffee table when she was a baby. There are alot of marks on it from her, but I don't mind because she antiqued it!
This old suitecase belong to my dear dad. I have old photo albums stored in it.
I bought this house new at one of the little shops in Ligonier. The "Be Thankful" figurine is from my friend, Trish.
This is a picture of my dear husband and his three older brothers...it's one of my favorites...my dh is the littlest cowboy. I got this picture frame at the thrift store.
I bought these HOME tealights at Big Lots...they were very cheap!

Old bottles from my dear dad line my window sills.
I picked up this basket at our church's annual bazarr. I have my Country Living magazines and some of my Country Sampler magazines in it.
An old picture of my great grandma in front of her log house and a fall birdnest from another favorite store called "Collections by Marty".
A clock, old glasses, old books, and a pocket watch from my grandpap.
Candle holder from the thrift store...I paid $2.00 for it. I have two of them on my wall.
A not so old lamp with some old spurs.
Wooden candle holders from the thrift store. I paid 25 cents a piece for them. I was thinking about painting them black!
A wooden plate from another favorite store called the WOW Outlet. They have great items at great prices. An angel tea light from my dear friend, June, who is like a second mother.
Thanks for stopping by for the tour.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sarah wanted to know if I have a western theme in the living room. There are quite a few items that are "horse themed" in the room (I seriously could do another post on those items), several paintings and a number of horse figures from Montana Silversmith...my dh is a cowboy at heart!













15 comments:

  1. It all looks great!! I love all your little touches they just make it home!:0) Have a great evening!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    Thanks for sharing pics of your home.I love learning and seeing new things about my friends.I especially like the home candles.Hope you have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always your pictures are wonderful! My friend has the cast iron candle holder as well!! :) I love the family pics. You can't go without those!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see some of your western pictures/groupings! I am always looking for new ideas and enjoy seeing what others have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorating...you decorate with your heart...mementoes that MEAN something and are not just things off of shelves. You can tell you put thought into everything. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It just keeps getting better and better. Everything has a special meaning. That's so touching. You have done a great job with your living room. Do we get a tour of the rest of the house soon? ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is just beautiful! I love the photos best of all, I think. They are such great family keepsakes. The one with your great-grandma in front of her log house is just awesome! The one with your DH as a boy is just so sweet!
    Special, meaningful touches everywhere, just as I had imagined! And I have to mention your coffee table! How precious! Those little scratches & dings make it even more special!
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kim
    Your living room is so warm and inviting. My dh is a cowboy at heart too and it is a decorating theme I love!
    Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the tour Kim. I think it is so cute that you have incorporated western items into your decor for your little cowboy at heart. My hubby is the oldest of three boys and his mom has a picture I need to make a copy of some day. They are all three lined up having their picture taken with their Star Trek V-neck shirts on. They were all three huge Star Trek fans!! My hubby will soon be 52 and he grew up on Star Trek, Lost in Space, Planet of the Apes. I, of course, was more of the Brady Bunch, Partridge Family type kid :)

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again...thank you for such a great tour...
    I just can't point out one thing I liked because everything was so nice.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the table that your husband made, Kim! I also like the "home" tealights...so cute!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sweet home is really very sweet, I also love the furniture here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your living room looks great! Love the spurs on the lamp and the table your husband made is awesome!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home looks quite charming, Kim! Love all your country touches...warm and cozy...just like a home should be.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had so much fun touring your beautiful home again Kim!!! I just love your house and how you make it a comfortable place to live. I love your wooden candleholders and cannot believe you only paid 25 cents. Now I normally love things painted black but I would not paint these as they have such a pretty finish as they are.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.