~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Thursday, January 31, 2019

~♥ Porch Views ♥~

This is the home where my husband grew up. This home is part of a 700 acre private estate where we live and work.  My Father in law and Mother in law were only 19 & 20 when they first moved in. It looked a lot different then. My FIL took care of the grounds/pool/gardens and my MIL was the housekeeper. They did this for 48 years. My husband was also a full time employee after he graduated in 1983. When the owners of the estate passed away and it was sold, my In-laws retired and moved out of the farmhouse. My husband was offered the position of head caretaker by the new owners and I became their housekeeper. We then moved into the farmhouse. We have been here for 14 years.  Living here has been a dream come true. 

To me, there's nothing better than a front porch.  Growing up I spent a lot e time on my parents' front porch where I enjoyed the old porch swing that was made by my Grand Pap.  Here's a little tour of my front porch. 




Geraniums are a favorite flower of mine.
This black bench was made by my husband when he was in high school.  
I just love ferns.  I have four of them hanging on my porch from April/May until the end of October.  They always seem to do well for me.  I fertilize them once a week to keep them nice and green.






I hope you've enjoyed this little tour.  Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. Loved this tour of your front porch! We have only a small entry area into our house, and I yearn for a front porch similar to yours! It would be a major remodeling job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Kim!! I see myself sipping Lemonade on a warm summer day on that porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful front porch. I can picture sipping a glass of Iced tea on a hot summer day. Your pictures are beautiful Kim .💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a porch with a beautiful view, too, though I don't have one where I currently live. Maybe some day! Thank you for sharing your pretty home with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you stopped by! It never hurts to dream. I'm happy you stopped by <3

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed seeing your porch and hearing more about your life there. It's simply beautiful! Before we know it, you will be enjoying your lovely porch and flowers. xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen! The time for porch sitting will be here before we know it. I'm really looking forward to it.

      Delete
  6. I think I am in love with your front porch! I enjoyed learning about your connections to this incredibly beautiful area too. Deb xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debs! Snowball Hill holds a special place in our hearts because of the long standing connection with my husband's family. That's what makes my daughter's upcoming wedding here so special <3 Thank you for stopping by <3

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet blog and love your porch ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, first time here surfing in. Loved this post. Your photos show a very idyllic place, all so pretty. Thanks for sharing these. I shall enjoy coming back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.