~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Saturday, February 6, 2010

~♥ Things That Make Me Smile ♥~

Hello blogging friends...I thought I'd take the time to share some of the things that make me smile.  I L♥VE cookbooks...always have and always will.  I've posted several pictures of my newest cookbooks...the illustrations are darling and the recipes seem easy enough to do! 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The first three cookbooks are written by Roxie Kelley and Friends; Illustrations by Shelly Reeves Smith.  I just can't stop looking at these books...their style is similar to Susan Branch books (which I adore, too).  I purchased my books at Amazon.com.
Aren't these illustrations darling?


I was lucky enough to find this Susan Branch cookbook at TJ Maxx.  It was the only one...it was hidden behind a bunch of other books...waiting just for little ol' me.
Aren't these napkins as cute as a button?  I'm in love with the color red and just knew that I had to bring them home as well.
And finally, this Hallmark ornament from 2009 really makes me smile...I just love the detail...wish I had a better camera to show you...there's even writing on the back of the recipe card!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Question and Answer Time:
Susan wanted to know where my dear Husband keeps things from his pockets...well, Susan, I have a small holder by his side of the bed.  We also designated one drawer in his dresser for things that he can't fit on the night stand so at least it's out of sight.
Lisa wanted to know about my bedding...let's see if I can remember:  The yellow coverlet came from TJ Maxx. The red toile pillow and comforter at the end of the bed was something I got at Kmart a LONG time ago. It's actually a twin set. It was Martha Stewart and was dirt cheap on clearance. Now the yellow quilt and shams I ordered on line, but for the life of me I cannot remember where. I actually had seen an insert in the Sunday paper several years ago and that's how I found out about the place...wish I could remember the name of it. The small green pillow was from Dollar General several years ago as well...I just added the doilie.  The red bedskirt is from Kmart's Country Living Collection...the white bedskirt was given to me by a friend.
Well, dear blogging friends...it's time for me to go for now...thank you for stopping by for a visit...I really appreciate it. 
 ♥ Kim

20 comments:

  1. Everything is just beautiful. I need to fix my hubby a small box for his pocket items too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Susan Branch books...she has some gorgeous pictures and great ideas!
    Have a great day!
    Blessings~
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a HUGE lover of cookbooks too!!! I really enjoyed seeing how you display yours.

    Wishing you a WONDERFUL weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Susan Branch too, she is one of my favorite cookbook authors, her illustrations are so cute. I did a post on my blog today about one of her books today also, so great minds do think alike, lol! I will have to check into the others, they look like books I would enjoy. Thank you for sharing. By the way, I love your bedding, the yellow is just so cheerful, it must be wonderful to wake up to each day. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cookbooks too! I will have to check our book stores for these two lady's cookbooks that you've shared.. I haven't seen them before and they are really neat looking, and those illustrations are adorable!

    I love, love, love your bedroom colors, your bedding, decor!! It all is absoulutely beautiful!!

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to check out the first three! Never seen them before, but they look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really know how to pull things together, all the bedding and pillows look like a designer was brought in and coordinated everything for you. And your cookbooks...very cute. Cuteness seems to make the cooking alot more fun, don't you think?
    By the way, I have those same bowls in the cookbook pictures but I didn't buy the stand for them, I wish I would have now, yours looks charming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, I have the first two cookbooks you are showing. I adore cookbooks and have tons of them. They inspire me.

    So nice to meet you.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have often thought about collecting old cookbooks. Maybe I will start someday soon. Your bedroom looks great! Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate it! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved stopping by, and I really adore the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the cookbook reccomendations - I enjoy cookbooks with illistrations/stories and pictures so very much. These look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, I just love popping by your place! Your home is so lovely and inviting. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What sweet cookbooks! I love the illustrations too. And I must say this again, your bedroom looks so comfy and relaxing.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim,
    I love your Master bedroom, its really pretty and I love red too.
    Your home is so charming and always a delight to see.
    Enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cookbooks are all so cute and I love them displayed like that. Love all your bedding! Just the colors I like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful cookbooks! And they look so cute in your kitchen...

    Love your bedroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling cookbooks, DebraK! I never knew about Susan Branch books. Thanks for the info. LOVE the look of your bed....very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your new cookbooks. They are almost too pretty to use.

    That ornament with the colander on her head is adorable. It is just so much fun.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim, It is to bad that I do not live down the street form you. Just from reading this post I can tell we have a lot in common. I love the color red and I love the your cooking books. We would have a hard time at the store, we both would want the same thing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your love of cookbooks with us. I have a few Susan Branch books, too. They are so bright and cheerful! With all the cookbooks I have you might think I was a good cook, my love is baking! My husband likes to cook on the weekends, so our weeknight suppers are pretty basic. But,I do love to look at cookbooks, go figure!
    denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.