Hello blogging friends! I have some goodies to share with you...while visiting a local resale shop to make a donation of things my family no longer needed I found this antique wash stand. At first I wasn't going to get it...what would my dear hubby say...did we really have the room for it...I honestly didn't know what to do so I decided to give my name and number to the sweet lady there. Low and behold I received a call and was offered it at a lower price! Of course, I couldn't pass it up!
I love the curved front on it! I know that I am definitely changing the hardware.
I also found this nice picture frame that I'm going to make into a chalkboard for my porch.
And last, but not least, I got this old window from my church. They were replacing all of the windows with new ones. When an announcement was made asking if anyone would want one, I knew I wanted one for sure! I've gone to this church since I was a year old and I wanted a part of history. I'm painting the frame because it's in bad shape, then I'll hang it in the dining room. Thank you so much for stopping by!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes! You all are so kind. On another note, Lil Mama has still not returned and it has been three weeks...I'm still holding out hope that she'll return one day.
♥ Kim
My mom has a washstand very similiar to that and it is oak so I suspect yours would be too. I am not an oak person, but if you are, it is probably nice wood under the white paint. There are so many ways you could go!!
ReplyDeleteThe church window is such a piece of your history. How wonderful to have it!!
How sweet to have a window from your church! It's darling but the memories and the sentiment will always make it more special. Not just any old window! Your washstand is nice and I'm sure you will know exactly what to do with the finish. Hope we get to see it when it's finished! ~Adrienne~
ReplyDeleteSuch a great piece. Yes, the curved front is really special, but I like the different sized door/drawers too. From you picture the finish looks perfect as is, a bit chippy and loved. However, if you really want to change it, painting a favourite colour is always fun.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog background.
ReplyDeleteIt is so pretty!
Pamela in NE Ohio
I love your blog. This washstand was a great find. It looks like it's in great shape, so however you refinish it, it'll look nice. I love the church window, what a wonderful piece of history to have in your home. I know it means a lot to you to have this. It would me.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you were able to get the church window! What a great piece of history to pass on.
ReplyDeleteLove the washstand! Yes...change the hardware for sure. And how BLESSED were you to receive one of those church windows! WooHoo...I have an antique stained glass window that I don't have displayed but I've had it for years...I need to repair a few of the glass panels. I took it to a restorer who was so impressed with it he held it hostage for months while trying to figure out what to do with it...I demanded it back...unrepaired. I guess I need to take a soldering class now!
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!
Hugs,
Robin
Good Morning Kim,
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling wash stand you found. I especially like the story behind your window. Our church is a historical landmark and they too are replacing their windows. There are over 50, I will wait until the older members chose what they want, and if any remains, I will seek one out as well. :o)
Have a wonderful weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Oh my! That church window is the BEST! And to know you have such a history tied to it make it all the more wonderful. The wash stand is darling - you did GOOD :-)
ReplyDeleteThese look like the "Finds of the Summer" I can't wait to see what you do with all of them. I hope you post the the finished projects!
ReplyDeleteI'm Celebrating my 1 Year Anniversay on Etsy with a GIVEAWAY on my Blog. I would L♥VE it if you stopped in to check it out!
How awesome that you have a window from your church. What a treasure!!! Love the washstand... isn't it funny how we take stuff to the thrift stores and bring twice as much back home with us? I did the same thing this week. And a chalkboard for the porch, what a great idea!
ReplyDeleteI love the church window. It's beautiful and really a piece to treasure given the history. I'm sure it will look lovely on your wall. ~Lori
ReplyDeletewow i love your finds. especially the window, what memories it carries for you!
ReplyDeleteI love the window!!!!!!! The stand is also awesome, but that window is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteLove the washstand have always wanted one. the curved front is really a plus :) and the window is great too.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see that window when it is done...what a treasure!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool finds....love that gothic window. cherry
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful momento to have from your church! I can't wait to see it displayed in your pretty home :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Dena
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! THE CHURCH WINDOWS...
ReplyDeleteFREE! YUPPIE! MY FAVORITE WORD!
I`M SO HAPPY FOR YOU...
ENJOY LIFE`S SIMPLE TREASURES,
DEBBIE MOSS
Kim, how wonderful that you were able to get an original church window from your home church! That is a prize for sure!
ReplyDeleteI also love the wash stand. I wonder why that hardware was put on it? I'm sure that whatever you do with it, it will look great!
Have a wonderful week!
Hi Kim,
ReplyDeleteI love the window, it's so pretty and there a 100 things you can create with it.
The antique wash stand was a wonderful find, I think it looks great the way it is just change the hardware like you want to.
I can't wait to see what you do with all your new goodies.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth
Kim,
ReplyDeleteYour washstand is probably oak and you're right...the hardware has to go! Find a restoration store that sells 'vintage' hardware...something from the 1930- 1940 era. Many o;f the old washstands had the requisite water pitcher and bowl. My two sisters and I were 'gifted' with washstands from the old family farmhouse that had been in the family for five generations! My sisters received their washstands completely restored...mine still has the creamy paint and water decals from about 1940-1950. This washstand was at the top of the steps leading up to bedroom area. It doesn't have the door on it (I can't ever remember seeing a door on it) but has a vintage curtain for the door made from an old flour sack. No matter what...you will find a neat way to display it.
Hugs, Aunt Bea
P.S. The church window is awesome! It will become a precious memory for you!
What wonderful finds! I especially love the church window, not only because it is beautiful (great shape!), but because it will be so meaningful to you.
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteI'm only guessing but I think that little washstand might be oak. No matter what you decide to do, you might go to Restoration Hardware and find pulls that will look more original.
Love the idea for the blackboard. I can't seem to get enough of those.
The church window will be a precious memory for your family.
Hugs,
Gretchen
Hi just stumbled across your blog. Your home is beautifull and the view is spectacular. I would love to look out and see all that. Your home looks enormous. I live in England/uk in a 3 bedroomed terraced house and it is a lot lot smaller than yours. I feel in England you have to spend a million pound to get a giant house!
ReplyDeletex Dom
Oh Kim I love that wash stand. What a lucky duck you were to find that. I agree with you I would change the hardware. but, ya know...I kinda like the paint that's on it. Maybe give it a little more sanding on the edges?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you do with the washstand. So many choices!!! Don't you love it!!! I would leave the paint, maybe even sand a little more off around the edges, but that's me. THE WINDOW IS FANTASTIC!!! Good for you. Hope you post pics of the chalkboard, too. You are so creative!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to have that window!!! Loving that washstand too... Glad I surfed by your blog...its great...
ReplyDelete