~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Thursday, July 31, 2008

~* A New Cupboard *~

I found this great little black cupboard at Wal-mart last year for $10.00 in the craft section of the store. Some of the edges are sanded and there is a little bit of red showing through. It has three shelves and two little drawers. I'm going to use it for a spice cupboard.

I found these great Watkins spices at Wal-mart. Most of them are priced under $3.00. They are tin, too, which makes them perfect for my cupboard.
Of course, as you can see by the top picture I only have one spice. I wanted to make sure they were the right size. I can't wait to fill it up! Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you for all of your sweet comments that were left about my house number sign. I appreciate all of you!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



17 comments:

  1. So neat! Our Walmart has did away with fabric...I was there yesterday to get the CS and they are remodeling the store and I couldn't find the craft section anywhere:)
    Have fun feeling up the cabinet with spices.
    *Rondell*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little cupboard is really cute! It looks like the perfect size for a spice cupboard! And I had no idea that walmart sold Watkins stuff! I have to check mine the next time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi; I love your cabinet and the house number sign; did you glue on the numbers and the stars? All your projects look fantastic! I wish my Walmart had some great items like you have found! Merrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow are those current spices you can actually use or decorative? I LOVE your black cabinet. I just posted a little shelf w/ drawers that I painted black like that. Your home is soooo cozy! Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,Wonderful bargain on both items! Thank you for the kind comment you left on my site. I truly appreciated it. I was having a sad day.
    xoxo Nita

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first visit with you and I just love your blog. You are so creative. I have a table I am planning on painting this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a cute cabinet!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the thought of using that for a spice cabinet! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, I really like that cabinet. I am going to make a trip to my walmart and see if they have those spices they would look cute on the shelf my dear hubby made for my spices.

    Happy to see your post today I really enjoy when you post it makes my day. Have a great day and hope it is not to hot out your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, love your blog, your house is beutiful. It looks very homey! Love the house number project on your porch. Very crafty, thanks for the ideas. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim,
    I found your blog and love the finds and do overs that you do. I will ad you to my blog list and visit again. Oh, I have a dd that is 15 also, and a son 17. But I thought it was funny that our names are Kim with 15 dd.:)
    Kim in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen Watkins spices at Walmart, but I will surely be looking next time I'm there. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently found your lovely blog! I love a good bargain!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little cupboard. I really love the tin for spices. I wish we had something like that. They only sell spices in very ugly little plastic holder that are not easy to use at all.

    How is your weather Kim? It seems summer is hot there now which is what I am hearing from Ohio. We have a couple of cool and wet days and I am very grateful after a week of hot and humid. Holland is not used to or eqquiped for that kind of weather. I hope you are enjoying the start of August.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, what a great find!
    smiles,
    Shayne Louree

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kim; thanks for stopping by to visit; I did find the board at a Walmart when I was out in another town; just like Rondell; they did away with the fabric and crafts and are remodeling the store; so when I am out I visit other WM's to find things! I hope you'll visit with us again; Mr Murphy and his siblings say thank you for the kind comments and are sending you bully hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the house number sign, can you make a tutorial on how you made this, I would so love to make one!

    The cupboard is awesome, wish my walmart had such pretty goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.