~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

~* House Number Sign *~

I saw a house number sign in one of my older issues of Country Sampler and I really liked it. I decided to make one on my own. I bought the board in the craft section of Wal-mart, purchased two stars and wooden numbers. I painted the board barn red, added weathering medium, painted yellow on top for a crackled finish. The stars were already the color I wanted them. I painted the numbers black and distressed them and then added everything to the board. I love how it turned out!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look...I hope you'll come back again soon!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
As always, thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them!

24 comments:

  1. Kim dear,

    LOVE your blog!! I am in awe of your creativeness. Love it!!! Keep up the good work!

    I love it so much... I gave it an award... check out my blog to see.
    :D

    http://whatscookninjunk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job----Don't you love it when you do it yourself....It makes it mean more....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that house number sign is just to cute. You did an awesome job on that and on your daughters night stand.

    Thanks for posting sure have missed seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat...it came out great, gee I'll have to try that!
    Thanks for sharing:)

    *Rondell*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE it! What a neat idea! I have those metal numbers tacked to one of our porch posts, but I may have to make something similar to your's. Very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim -
    That is a great house number sign. You did a great job. It looks nice on your home.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, The house number sign really turned out nice. It looks beautiful on the front of your lovely home.

    I look everyday to see if you have posted something. So glad you did today. Thanks! :-) Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like you did buy it from Country Sampler. It turned out perfect! I have never tried doing the crackle finish but love how it always looks. Your new sign looks just right for your beautiful home Kim.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, as usual, I just can't find the time to visit all of you wonderful girls out there. Thank you for leaving me a note!

    I just LOVE your house number sign that you made. It's brilliant!

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your house numbers, looks great! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great job!! You're quite crafty..

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came across your blog today. Such a neat one. Loved looking at it and plan to come back and visit again.
    Debbi M

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too funny but I made a number sign similar to yours, you can check it out on my blog!!! I love the way you did yours though as I put my numbers straight up and down!!! Great job!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Kim! I adore your house numbers....may just try that myself! That table for dd came out beautiful...love the color. I love before and afters like that. So happpy you stopped by! I had to redo my faves I lost a bunch of stuff when I changed my blog. So I will reaadd you for sure. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your sign and your daughter's table too!!! Merrie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job, it turned out so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your house numbers! Now I must do one for me.

    I'm just catching up on you my friend - long time no see - glad to see you're doing well.
    I'll need to read some of your posts to get all caught up.
    In the meantime, have a great week-end!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great project. I would like new house numbers and have been toying with the idea of doing something myself (I also some some in Country Sampler). At least with making them yourself, you can customize the colours etc like you did.
    They turned out great and are one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! I love it! If you don't mind . . .I may have to use this one at my house! Thanks! I am adding you to my favorites!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks wonderful! Love your front porch and that screen door.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks awesome on the porch. I'd have to turn it sideways to fit my number. LOL. HMMMMM... I think I might need to make one though.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kim,
    I'm so glad I stopped by for a visit. Just love your sign and nightstand. My daughter and I are currently redoing her old college room in shabby chic, great ideas!
    cookie lady ( Judy )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello-found your blog when I was looking at other ladies favorites :O) You porch is the second today that I just fell in love with-I love big porches, so neat!!
    I'll stop by again:O)
    smiles,
    Shayne Louree

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your sign!!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.