I love chalkboards, but dealing with real chalkboards and chalk can be a pain. Here's an easy solution: I took an old picture frame and added a piece of black scrapbooking paper in place of a picture and viola...I have an almost new chalkboard. The Chalkink markers write wonderfully on glass, and clean-up is fairly easy. Once the Chalkink dries on the glass (I like the fact that it won't smear once it's dry), you can clean it off with just plain water.
If you've never tried Chalkink markers, I would urge you to do so. You can find them at Michael's or a similar craft store, but the best selection can be found on their website. http://www.chalkink.com/ I am recommending them from my own experience...I have not received any type of compensation from them.
I have always been a plain white sheets type of gal. When Tina from Cherry Hill Cottage posted about her polka doted sheets from Wal-mart, I must say I thought they were adorable...I looked at these sheets in the past, but never bought them...how could I go from all white to polka-dots??? $10.00 a set on clearance was enough of a deal for me to try them, along with a green set.
Thanks for stopping by...I always enjoy the company!
♥ Kim
I use those sheets year round, pure comfort no matter the season! I got some chalkboard markers but can't them to work? Is there a trick?
ReplyDeleteWOW AWESOME IDEA! Love your photos. Have a super day !
ReplyDeleteLove your idea! Wonder if they have any of those sheets left!
ReplyDelete:D
Hi Kim,
ReplyDeleteThats a great idea using markers, I will check out the chalkink makers for use.
The sheets are fun aren't they, so crisp and light perfect for summer.
Happy Mothers Day!
Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth
Kim, I love your chalkink idea! I love the look of a chalkboard, but not the mess. Your solution is perfect and I look forward to trying it!
ReplyDeleteI am a plain white sheet person too, but those polka dots sure are cute!
that is a great idea for a chalkboard I have tried the chalkmarkers but never had any success getting them to whipe clean on chalk paint so this seems like a great way to use up my markers i've put stock in buying lol Love your frame :)
ReplyDeleteI need to get some new sheets. Let me know how you like those.
ReplyDeleteI love your idea for the chalk board. Your sheets are just to cute. I will have to check our Wal-Mart. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that chalkboard idea with the paper. How clever!
ReplyDeleteYou always have such great ideas, thank you for sharing. I guess tomorrow I will be heading to Wal-Mart and check those cute sheets out. I do hope our store carries them! Happy Mother's Day to you, blessing from Dog Trot Farm, Julie.
ReplyDeleteyes, i too love good deals!!
ReplyDeletei love your "chalkboard" idea...totally cool!!
i'm your newest follower, so glad to have found your blog.
tenth avenue north is the best!
God bless~
mountain mama
What a great idea! I'm going to look for those markers and maybe I'll make a 'chalkboard' like yours for my home!
ReplyDeleteI love your new sheets. I was disappointed they didn't have yellow polkadot sheets. I would have snapped them up real fast if they did.
~Adrienne~
I have never heard of chalkink markers. I know what you mean about chalk being messy! You made a really cute message board. The sheets look like they will add a bit of whimsey to your bedding!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
denise
I need to get some of those markers! Love them. You always find the best deals!
ReplyDelete