~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

Thursday, December 31, 2009

~♥Out With The Old...In With The New♥~




A New Year's Prayer
by Kay Hoffman

Another year is dawning

With the chance to start anew.

May I be kinder, wiser, Lord,

In all I say and do.

Not so caught up in selfish gain

That I would fail to see

The things in life that mean the most

Cost not a fancy fee.

The warm, kind word that I can give,

The outstretched hand to help,

The prayers I pray for those in need--

More precious these than wealth.

I know not what may lie ahead

Of laughter or of tears;

I only need to know each day

That You are walking near.

I'm thankful for this brand new year

As now I humbly pray, 
 

My hand secure in Yours, dear Lord,

Each step along the way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

All the best to you and yours
in 2010!
♥ Kim

14 comments:

  1. Kim that is the perfect prayer! So well said! I wish you and yours a Happy New Year as well!

    warm hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kim -
    What a wonderful prayer. We should all pray this one. I will sharing a prayer on my blog tomorrow. Have a wonderful New Year full of many blessings to you and those dear to your heart.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that prayer! It is perfect. My prayer is for a healthy and happy 2010 for you and yours. May we reflect the love of the One who loves us best.

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the New Year's prayer, Kim !

    How have you been !

    May you have a Blessed Happy and Healthy New Year !

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this prayer, Kim. It was absolutely perfect! Happy, happy New Year to you and your dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats an awesome prayer!
    Happy 2010 to you !
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I asincerely hop I can be like your prayer. It certainly is needed in the world today. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you and yours.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, a lovely prayer indeed.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. great prayer- great thoughts - have a great year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the prayer! we all need to be like that! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful prayer poem! Happy New Year to you Kim! May it be filled with many blessings & joy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. greetings, kim!

    thank you so much for stopping by my blog! little did you know you'd find a photo of the sunshine family! LOL (i still have mine, too!)

    happy new year

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this prayer. Happy New Year Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.