When I bought the three egg boxes from the Dollar Tree I had no idea what I was going to do with them, I just knew that I had to buy them because I thought they were so sweet. I decided to put together a nest for the off white egg. I started out with a grapevine wreath (.99 cent thrift store find) added an ivy candle ring that I had on hand, added a pip berry candle ring that I just purchased and then put the egg into it's new home. (I wish I could get a close up of the egg for all of you to see...it has cute little brown specks all over it...just darling!) I'm still deciding what to do with my other two eggs...any ideas? I'm not sure if you can tell this from the picture or not but this is not a tiny egg...it's 5 1/2 inches long.
Kim - How adorable! I just love the sparkle of the gold in there. It is wonderful you found a way to use the things in your home to decorate. I am working on getting better at this. I can't wait to see what you do with the others. As far as ideas, maybe the eggs can sit on candlestick holders? I don't know, I'm sure you will come up with something wonderful.
ReplyDeleteRean Day
How beautiful! I really love the way you've displayed the egg boxes. I'll have to look and see if I can find these.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you have it displayed, it's perfect all snug in it's nest. No ideas for the other two, sorry.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty!! What a great way to use your egg boxes!!
ReplyDeleteWhat about decoupaging the others? I just bought some Victorian decoupaged eggs and I think they would be fun to make!
Kelli
Kim, I just love your style! I couldn't begin to give you an idea, because when I try to put things together it just doesn't come out looking so nice! I probably just need more practice.
ReplyDeleteI see you like hymns, me too. Look for Mountain Heir if you have never heard them. They are somehow related to my grandmother and have a wonderful country/bluegrass sound.
Have a lovely day!
Kim, that looks really beautiful! How clever. I think I'll have to check out the Dollar Tree this weekend : )
ReplyDeleteDebbie
Love the egg and the little nest you made for it. Thanks for sharing all of your lovely Easter treasures. It will be here before we know it. Thanks also for coming by my blog for a visit.
ReplyDeleteAlso, just wanted to say how very sweet your comments were on my blog. Thank you so very, much Kim. I really appreciate it. I love coming to your blog for a visit. I was having some trouble because I have to use google or blogger accounts, and I have typepad. I had to set up an account with google so that I could leave you comments. I finally got it set up (I had lost my account information initially). Anyway, I'm here again able to leave you a comment :o) Talk to you soon.
ReplyDeletewww.mycozyhome.typepad.com
What a lovely spring-timey display!!!
ReplyDelete